We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any intermediate to advanced Snowboarders out there?

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
7 posts
Save Topic
Any intermediate to advanced Snowboarders out there?

Hi Everyone,

I am a beginner and my boyfriend is intermediate/advanced snowboarder and was wondering where i can find a snowboard tour guide or find out if there are guided snowboarding tours of the queenstown mountains for advanced snow boarders? I know there is heliskiing and snowchasers, but we're looking for something a bit cheaper, just so that while i'm doing my lessons and beginner runs :), my boyfriend can be off exploring the terrain with someone who knows the best areas.

Or if there is nothing like what i'm looking for, where would be the best place to make some friends who know the terrain like the back of theire hands... we're quiet social people and enjoy making new friends :)

We'll be in Queenstown from the 25th August to the 1st September

Any ideas... please let me know!!

Cheers,

fuzzi

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any intermediate to advanced Snowboarders out there?

To my knowledge there is nothing exactly like you are describing. It sounds as if you want some form of off piste ski touring, and the only ones which offer this are the heli skiing companies.

I don't actually think you will have any problem finding like minded souls to snow board with. Ones with extended local knowledge might be a bit harder to find, but after a couple of runs, everyone is an expert.

I saw a TV item last week about a dedicated Snow boarding and free style skiing area being developed at the Wiaouru Snow Farm, near Wanaka. THis might be of interest to your boy friend. here's the link.

http://www.snowfarmnz.com/

Actually, on their site they mention 'Ski Friends". Perhaps this is what you are looking for.

worldwide
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Any intermediate to advanced Snowboarders out there?

hi fuzzi

I have just read your posting. I am in queenstown for the season and have been working as a independant guide for 4 years now. although I am on skis, i take mixed groups an im sure we could sort something out. if you are interested post back your email and i can get in touch.

cheers

chris

Melbourne
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any intermediate to advanced Snowboarders out there?

Thanks for your replies VBC and Snowsports07!

I will look into them further...

Cheers,

fuzzi

Bring on the snow!

4. Re: Any intermediate to advanced Snowboarders out there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 22:18