We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queenstown accommodation and activities

3 posts
Save Topic
Queenstown accommodation and activities

Hey everyone I have a friend booking into Mercure Queenstown 9jun-14jun

This is a surprise proposal 😄

Can anyone advise if location is good and are there any ideas of activities etc to do a very romantic setting for the day? Also sight seeing to do in the short time. Recommendations of restaurants to fit in with the theme would be much appreciated

T.I.A

Mentioned in this post
Queenstown
Queenstown
Otago Region, New Zealand
5 replies to this topic
Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Queenstown accommodation and activities

It's not a bad location but it's not in the centre of town either. It's an an area known as Fernhill so if they've a lake view room, they'll have pretty epic views. They could walk to/from downtown but it'll be quite a hike if you're not used to it. Otherwise take a bus or taxi.

Take a helicopter flight, spa at Millbrook, Onsen Hot Pools, wine tour...the list goes on. You can do pretty much anything you can think of in Queenstown depending on your budget. Just bear in mind it's Winter, the days are short and anything on the water or up a mountain will be cold.

My favourite restaurant in town is Jervois Steak House, hands down. Also consider The Bunker, Botswana Butchery, Blue Kanu and Rata. Amisfield Winery is an excellent spot for lunch.

Good luck!

Edited: 11 May 2018, 04:15
Mentioned in this post
Millbrook Resort
Millbrook Resort
1,144 Reviews
Arrowtown, New Zealand
Queenstown
Queenstown
The Bunker
The Bunker
1,124 Reviews
Queenstown, New Zealand
Botswana Butchery
Botswana Butchery
3,186 Reviews
Queenstown, New Zealand
Blue Kanu
Blue Kanu
953 Reviews
Queenstown, New Zealand
Rata
Rata
1,851 Reviews
Queenstown, New Zealand
Amisfield Winery & Bistro
Amisfield Winery & Bistro
1,332 Reviews
Queenstown, New Zealand
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Queenstown accommodation and activities

Thank you for your reply. They are in a superior lake view. They are within free cancelation. Would you suggest staying note central in the city? Heard great things about the onsen bath pools. I suppose its not so much tour holiday. More of a quick getaway to do proposal before a 3 month deployment â˜ș

Auckland
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queenstown accommodation and activities

We stayed at the Mercure once and it felt a long way out. What about the Novotel?

It would be romantic at night up at the Skyline looking out over the lights of Queenstown provided it's reasonable weather! If the restaurant does not appeal then just have a drink at the bar.

Mentioned in this post
Queenstown
Queenstown
Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Queenstown accommodation and activities

Well it depends on their budget and what they want. There's the Novotel, Crowne Plaza, St Moritz, QT Queenstown and Peppers that are all in or close to downtown Queenstown and who will have a Lakeview room but also a walk home after dinner and a drink is at least an option. The Sofitel hotel is really nice but has no view.

Mentioned in this post
QT Queenstown
QT Queenstown
114 Reviews
Queenstown, New Zealand
Queenstown
Queenstown
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Queenstown accommodation and activities

Budget wanting to keep under $300 per night if possible. We have a family beach front property back home on the bay of islands. The lake looks amazing. I would assume being more central to wining and dining more so then the view.. Thanks everyone drf been a help

Reply to: Queenstown accommodation and activities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted