We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christchurch Railway Station

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Piraju, SP
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Christchurch Railway Station

Hi there, I'll be visiting New Zealand in January/2012 and I'd like to know how far is Christchurch Railway Station to the corner of Sherborne Street/Bealey Avenue, and if there is public transport between these sites. Thank you.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
172 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christchurch Railway Station

There's no direct public transport between these sites. No public transport as far as I am aware even goes to the Railway station.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,181 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christchurch Railway Station

It would however only be 10~15 minutes in a taxi.

Piraju, SP
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christchurch Railway Station

Hello again, just back from New Zealand. What a fantastic country! Stunning landscapes, friendly people, excellent structure for tourism. And I would like to add one thing: yes, there is a public bus stop near the Railway Station! Just when you leave the station, there is a bus stop at the Tower Junction, and the bus #40 (New Brighton direction) passes there, and it goes to the central station. In the central station, I changed to the bus #14 (Harewood direction) in order to get to Courtesy Court Motel (33 Sherbone Street, St. Albans), so I didn´t need to call a taxi.

Just get to this site:

www.metroinfo.co.nz

Cheers!

Christchurch
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christchurch Railway Station

Thanks for reporting back. It sounds like a route has been added to include this destination which is great news.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday too.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,181 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christchurch Railway Station

That metro info site is quite useful! I had forgotten about it. Christchurch is slowly returning to the state where it had one of the better bus services in NZ. Personally I think the new "temporary" exchange is easier to use than the old one.

6. Re: Christchurch Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 16:16