We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Approx cost to ship wine to Australia

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Approx cost to ship wine to Australia

We'll be in Marlborough region for Easter holiday. I'll probably buy a ton of wine and will need to ship it back to Australia (QLD specifically). Can anyone provide approx cost for shipping a case of wine direct from the winery?

Any info would be appreciated.

TC

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Approx cost to ship wine to Australia

Hi there

Why don't you contact one of the big Marlborough wineries directly and ask the question...

Try Villa Maria as being one of the biggest and most commercial...

villamaria.co.nz/Contact-Us/…default.aspx

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Approx cost to ship wine to Australia

Thx. I had that idea too and am waiting on responses. I figured I'd post here as well for other sources of info.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
81,551 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Approx cost to ship wine to Australia

If it is a brand that is available in Queensland, it might well be cheaper to buy at your local bottle shop.

But why do you want it shipped to Queensland when you are from Houston??

Edited: 16 January 2011, 20:05
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Approx cost to ship wine to Australia

Yea, I'll definitely be checking local bottle shops here in Brisbane as well as in Houston. I'm living in Brisbane for a while with work but eventually I'll have to leave this beautiful place and head home.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Approx cost to ship wine to Australia

Live in NZ and regularly go to Aussie. We find that allowing for exchange rate etc we can buy Aussie wine cheaper in NZ than in Oz and certainly NZ wines are cheaper here than in Oz. Perhaps the odd discount store (is it Dan Murphy's?) might have cheap wines, but on the whole they are cheaper in NZ. Depends on quantity you want to send over. Do you know exactly which wines you want? Be awful to ship a lot over and find you don't like it at the other end!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Approx cost to ship wine to Australia

Thx for the reply.

I'm defininitely going to find out what's available in Oz and in Houston before buying wine. I'm mostly interested in boutique small/medium wineries that don't export. And I only buy what I try.

For future reference, one winery emailed me back saying it would cost $140 per case (12) to ship to QLD. Cost includes WET tax + all duties. Email did not specify whether that was NZ or AU $. I was hoping for a bit cheaper but oh well, it is what it is.

If anyone else has any knowledge, please let me know. Thx

7. Re: Approx cost to ship wine to Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2012, 17:21