We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time needed for Auckland Skytower activity

Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Time needed for Auckland Skytower activity

Because I will be travelling from Rotorua at 12pm to Auckland, therefore I am planning to book Look n Leap (skywalk and skyjump ) at 4pm and my flight is 8pm (check in at about 6pm). How much time is needed for Skytower, will there be a long queue? Can I make it in time for my flight?

Mentioned in this post
Rotorua
Rotorua
Rotorua District, New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
4 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
9,744 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time needed for Auckland Skytower activity

Perhaps you could email the company and ask how long the activity is. I imagine they have a safety briefing and you'll need time to gear up and take gear off. Then there is the time to get to the airport - could take 45 minutes.

I wouldn't chance it, especially if it's an international flight!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,457 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time needed for Auckland Skytower activity

I agree about the timing being too tight for comfort. If you are going to the airport on a weekday, allow a good hour to go from Skytower to airport. Commuter rush-hour in Auckland is a slow process.

Consider forgoing the skywalk and just visit the observation decks for 30 - 40 minutes to fill in time. If you have a rental car, perhaps visit Cornwall Park and One Tree Hill instead of going into the CBD.

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
Cornwall Park
Cornwall Park
1,212 Reviews
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
141 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time needed for Auckland Skytower activity

If you're leaving Rotorua at 12, the plane gets in about 1235 from memory, and given it isn't rush hour, you should comfortably be able to get to the sky tower by 2pm. So is an earlier booking there an option? I agree with others that leaving sky tower at 5ish for an 8pm flight might raise your stress levels more than you really need...

Mentioned in this post
Rotorua
Rotorua
Rotorua District, New Zealand
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time needed for Auckland Skytower activity

Thank you everyone for your replies, I just emailed the company and already have my question answered.

Reply to: Time needed for Auckland Skytower activity
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted