We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've got an additional day to spare: AKL or QZN or Te Anau?

Singapore
Level Contributor
101 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
I've got an additional day to spare: AKL or QZN or Te Anau?

Hi everyone!

I'm planning a trip to New Zealand for my honeymoon. I will be visiting Queenstown (3 nights), Te Anau (2 nights), Auckland (3 nights), Rotorua (1 night, by tour).

We have an additional day to spare and would like to have a free & easy time at one of these cities, just to soak in the atmosphere. Which of these 3 cities would you recommend?

Orewa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
330 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I've got an additional day to spare: AKL or QZN or Te Anau?

Queenstown for sure.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I've got an additional day to spare: AKL or QZN or Te Anau?

Depends what type of things you are into - Auckland is the only one of the 3 that could be called a city, Queenstown & Te Anau are small towns.

So it really depends what you will have been doing the other 3 days in Auckland & Queenstown, as to which of those 2 you chose for the extra day.

Auckland & surrounds has a lot of options for a really different and relaxing extra night (eg. Waiheke island, Matakana, Waitakeres & west Coast beaches, Miranda - all of these are within an hour of Auckland and would offer a really unique and different experience for your extra night)

3. Re: I've got an additional day to spare: AKL or QZN or Te Anau?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 01:17