We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiwi Direct Car Rentals, anyone used them ?

Bracknell
Level Contributor
86 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Kiwi Direct Car Rentals, anyone used them ?

Hiya

Travelling this week to the South Island for 3 weeks and after much debate, decided to go the car route and not a campervan.

However, now we have to choose a decent car rental firm that is not to expensive.

Kiwi Direct Car Rentals seem nice enough on the phone and they say there cars are at least 2006 or newer.

Has anyone used them and can vouch for them or does anybody else have any other ideas on who we could use

Would appreciate any help you can give

many thanks

Paul

Hamilton
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiwi Direct Car Rentals, anyone used them ?

Hi Paul

I haven't heard of this company before and they may be fine but....

I would be asking a couple of questions.

Do they have any branches in the South Island?. It looks to me as if they use a different company in SI and you might be better going with a company that has its own branches there

The pictures of cars on their website don't llok to be all newer than 2006

It would be interesting to hear back from you after your trip. Have fun!

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiwi Direct Car Rentals, anyone used them ?

I suspect that from the pictures on their site, their cars are not all 2006 or newer (unless the pictures / model names on there are wrong)

They are quite probably very good and reliable but it is the 1st time I have heard of them.

Definitely have a look at APEX & YOUR WAY, these are 2 that I have recommended quite a bit and get consistently good reports from our B&B guests.

Bracknell
Level Contributor
86 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiwi Direct Car Rentals, anyone used them ?

Thx both of you, i think we are actually now going to use Your Way car hire.

They seem to be best value for newer cars

THx again

Paul

4. Re: Kiwi Direct Car Rentals, anyone used them ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 23:18