We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiwi's 101 must do choices;

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,325 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Kiwi's 101 must do choices;

The results are in

www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm…

www.aatravel.co.nz/101-must-dos-for-kiwis/

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiwi's 101 must do choices;

Well, no surprises there!! Fiordland 1,2, & 4. I can just hear the howls of rage and frustration from Queenstown, at 36th :-)

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiwi's 101 must do choices;

Must be pretty disappointing for Zappers for Tauranga not to be mentioned. There are some pretty strange selections for must do places to visit and their respective priorites:

Canterbury Plains at 26; Otage train experience (16) and no tranzalpine Express. Oiago Penninsula at 27 ????

I dont think so. Queenstown will have every right to be more than a little peeved at its listing.

Whats at Port Waikato ot top of Te Mata Peak, that I must seeand whats so special about Christchurch that I must visit to see?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiwi's 101 must do choices;

It's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it bean! Anyway I don't mind the hoardes not arriving here (kiwi hoardes anyway) Keeps the place more special!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiwi's 101 must do choices;

The fortunate or unfortunate thing about a list such as this ins the impact it is going to have on some destinations. We are going to get overseas tourists looking at the list thinking I must go and when they arrive there is nothing to see or do and conversely avoid places where they would get the most enjoyment.

Still I guess all lists are subjective.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kiwi's 101 must do choices;

Of course you're right bean about "nothing to do" in some of those places, that's why they made it so high up the list- all the locals voted for them as they have nothing better to do than visit the web and cast a vote! Makes perfect sense..............I think? :)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kiwi's 101 must do choices;

Aaahaaa vbc! so that's how you guys got to the top! Just nothing to do down there aye!

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kiwi's 101 must do choices;

DARN, our guilty secret has been exposed !!! ;)

8. Re: Kiwi's 101 must do choices;

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 08:16