We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy fly nets

singapore
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
where to buy fly nets

dear WA TAs,

we are headed down tomorrow and have read the flies are a problem currently. My 5 and 8 yr old girls are terrified of flies unfortunately. would also like to protect my baby who is drooling a lot; that i surmise would make her very attractive to the flies?

please help to advise where i can get hat fly nets etc? we will be arriving at the airport and driving down to mandurah for the first night.

thanks!

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to buy fly nets

Not sure if they are in WA, but if you can - head to a shop called BCF - Boating Camping Fishing. They sell all that sort of stuff. Failing that, any good camping shop should be able to help.

I have fly nets but I purchased them on ebay - probably not an option in your case.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to buy fly nets

Camping/outdoors stores like Anaconda should have them for sure (there appears to be one off the Albany Hwy near Cannington if that helps). Hopefully some locals will have some other ideas to save you some time and hunting around. The ones we use are green and called Mosquito Head Nets, think they were less than $10. Flies love the moisture (yes maybe drool) and love sitting at the corner of your eye I have found.

singapore
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to buy fly nets

thanks vicki and chezzyr.. hopefully, the local TAs will be able to help.. I can just hear it now.. ' muuuuum meeee...fliiiiiies!!!!!

crossing fingers we can find the hat-nets easily...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to buy fly nets

Any camping or out door store.

Yes, we have BCF here. There is one in Mandurah (23 Gordon Rd) plus Getaway Outdoors (just down the road from BCF) and Rays Outdoor World, also in Mandurah on Pinjarra Rd. Also Tackle World in Falcon, Old Coast Rd.

Get personal insect repellant and get the kids ready to wave their hands around keep their mouths shut tight when out and about.

singapore
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to buy fly nets

Thanks PerthiteOZ, will look out for these stores tomorrow.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to buy fly nets

I've seen fly nets at K-Mart and Visitor's Centers too.

They're pretty bad right now, so good idea to be prepared.

7. Re: where to buy fly nets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 16:18