We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Perth WA easter 2013 Book how early?

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Launceston...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting Perth WA easter 2013 Book how early?

How early do we need to book accommodation and car hire if visiting Perth from the Saturday before Easter until Easter Tuesday? Need to travel daily to Whiteman Park, should we stay near there or at Scarborough, Sorrento? Want to be safe and quietish for family of 3.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,961 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Perth WA easter 2013 Book how early?

As early as you can. Perth is really tight for accommodation at slack times due to the FIFO workers booking everything out and Easter is bedlam. Not sure I'd want to be commuting from Scarborough or Sorrento though.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,454 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Perth WA easter 2013 Book how early?

Might be worth looking at accom in the Swan Valley - the commute would be gentler.

More vital to book accom asap. You can hold off a bit for the car hire.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,961 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Perth WA easter 2013 Book how early?

If you could cancel with no or minimum penalty at the time you find out for sure whether you'd be able to go or not, I'd book the accommodation now. Then, if you can't go you can cancel and they'll still have plenty of time to fill the room/house.

And, if you can go, then you'll have got exactly what you want without risking missing out.

Edited: 17 September 2012, 18:20
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Perth WA easter 2013 Book how early?

I wouldn't commute from the beaches either.

There is some really nice accommodation in the Swan Valley, not far from Whiteman Park.

Have a look at the Novotel Vines Resort .. they have a hotel there with lots of rooms, as well as units with 2 or 3 bedrooms... all surrounded by a golf course.

For a B & B have a look at this one...

http://www.stockscountryretreat.com/

It's in the suburb of Brigadoon, about a 15 minute drive from Whiteman Park.

Several wineries and restaurants in the area are open in the evenings if you want to eat out.

Seria, Brunei...
Level Contributor
27 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Perth WA easter 2013 Book how early?

we are visiting and arriving on Good Friday with two young kids, aged 3 and 5 in tow, now i am worried about transportation options. If most public transport (the free CAT busses i hear so much about) and trains are not availble, would it then be best to rent a car over these period.

How bad does the traffic gets? Also, where would you recommend we stay? any advice/tips very much appreciated.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,454 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Perth WA easter 2013 Book how early?

There will be public transport - just a reduced public holiday schedule.

You would need a car to get around anyway as the majority of transport is designed around commuting not tourism spots.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,961 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Perth WA easter 2013 Book how early?

I would strong suggest booking a car if you can at this point. As PP points out, a lot of the tourist sites are not really accessible easily by public transport, and holiday public transport (Google Transperth Journey Planner) is has fewer services, resulting in longer waits between trains/buses/ferries. I'm not talking an extra ten minutes, but possibly an extra hour.

You will also need to book the mandatory child seats.

8. Re: Visiting Perth WA easter 2013 Book how early?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 16:17