We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating at Wave Rock

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Eating at Wave Rock

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for places to eat in Hyden/ around Wave Rock or on the way to Wave Rock (Corrigin etc). I've read pretty poor reports about the wave rock motel, anyone else have a good experience in any other restaurants nearby?

Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating at Wave Rock

A couple of cafes in Corrigin and my pick is the Mallee Tree Cafe & Gallery. Nothing fancy...just the usual small town cafe fare but its the place we always stop at (as do most locals it seems). Best bet at Wave Rock is the cafe at the rock. Again, nothing flash but freshly prepared food. The only cafe Ive located in Hyden is at the roadhouse on the eastern end of the town. Typical roadhouse food.

York has a greater number of good cafe/restaurant options but Im assuming you're looking for something midway(ish) to Wave Rock.

Not much to rave about in Quairading or Kondinin foodwise.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
215 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating at Wave Rock

We always take a picnic lunch if we visit, this might be worth considering if it's an option for you.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating at Wave Rock

Thanks AJ, loads of info there! We went to Wave Rock today and actually had the same idea as Tina (great minds think alike haha!), took a picnic and decided we'd stop in York on the way home. However by the time we got to York we thought we just may as well keep going until we got back to Perth. Thanks for all info anyway.

Just as an aside, we did the trip in one day and both thought it was well worth the drive. Had a great day out with lots of stops for photos along the way so the drive didn't seem too long. I know most people here would recommend not doing it in one day (and I wouldn't recommend it if I were a tourist only here for a couple of weeks) so it's good to have another perspective.

Depends on the type of person you are I suppose, my husband enjoys driving and didn't mind doing the long journey and I was glad we didn't stay the night, as there would have been nothing more to see the next day that we hadn't seen on the way without going further on (to Esperance etc).

4. Re: Eating at Wave Rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Perth