We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Rider transperth pass

Which Perth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Family Rider transperth pass

I'm a 18yr old college student travelling w a 17 yr old high school student and my mum. We do not study in Aussie. Are we qualified to buy the familyrider ticket?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Rider transperth pass

Basically the short answer is "No". The Family Rider only allows for two full (standard) fare paying to be included. In your case, all three of you must pay full fare as you are all classed as non concessional adults. All info on fares can be found at

…wa.gov.au/TicketsandFares/…Default.aspx

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Rider transperth pass

Will it b ok to buy a familyrider ticket for 2 of us and another standard ticket for the 3rd person?

On a side note, does this mean tt we're not qualified for e student concessions for all the admission tickets?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Rider transperth pass

Family Rider has limited times for use. They cost $9 as a cas ticket on day of use. You shoudl compare whether they suit your needs or whether you would be better off doing PAYG or purchasing a Smart rider card. Perhaps talk to an information officer at a Transperth office when you get here, assuming you are not here already?

From site link I gave you in #1

FamilyRider (B)

FamilyRider allows unlimited system-wide travel for a group of up to seven people (two of whom can be standard fare passengers) on weekends and Public Holidays.

FamilyRider can also be used after 9.00am on weekdays during school holidays, after 6.00pm Monday to Thursday, and after 3.00pm on Friday.

FamilyRider is available after 8.30am in zones 5 to 9 during school holidays.

You may find some places will accept your student concession cards from overseas - or not. Each place will have its' own rules. Ask.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Rider transperth pass

If you are using public transport a lot in oneday you can get a Day Rider ticket for $9 each. This can take you as far as Mandurah for a day trip and is excellent value as you can hop on and off trains and buses all day except during peak times.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Rider transperth pass

Thank you for all your replies. I'll be getting to perth on 3rd July, which is during the school holidays, so I'll prob try asking for a family ticket+standard/day ticket.

6. Re: Family Rider transperth pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 16:17