We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
168 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

Hi,

Apologies for the second supermarket post (I wish you could edit posts here!) but I'll be heading into the Outback for a couple of weeks and need to stock up on food/provisions, etc.

The only problem is the day I've allowed to do this is Sunday and the out-of-town supermarkets around Perth/Belmont all seem to be closed on Sundays!

Can any locals recommend a proper-sized supermarket with good car parking around East Perth/Belmont way that's open Sundays?

Thanks!

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

Your safest bet would be an IGA supermarket. Im not familiar with all their locations so perhaps put "IGA" in the google maps searchbar and see what comes up. Ive noticed many country towns also have IGA supermarkets.

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
168 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

Hi ajk58 - I did look at IGA but their website didn't get opening times - plus they looked quite 'small' stores :(

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

I was going to suggest IGA too. The one in Belmont is quite big but a bit more expensive than Coles or Woolworths. I'll try and find out the Sunday opening times for you tomorrow.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

Thats a pain not showing opening times. ok...I can only vouch for the IGA near me: Subiaco - 7 days a week 7am-10pm. I think that most of them (if not all)are open until at least 6pm on Sundays.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

correction - IGA in Subiaco isnt actually IGA, its called Farmer Jacks (I just walked down there to check). Sorry about that.. *embarrassment*

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
168 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

Thanks everyone - you're all very helpful!

Isn't the Internet great?!

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

Yeah....and Perth was only connected to it last year!

Retail trading on Sundays is still years away tho.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,031 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

IGA supermarkets are, I believe open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm. A link to the nearest ones to Belmont from the IGA website is

nowwhere.com.au/IGA/StoreLocator/Search.aspx

I'd suggest the ones at Belmont Forum shopping centre.

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
168 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

Hi,

But are the IGA ones any good? The one in Belmont I looked at on Google Earth had like a dozen parking spaces so probably isn't going to have everything I need??

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,031 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perth supermarkets (open on Sunday!)

The Belmont Forum car parks are quite large and though you said in another post you're driving a motorhome which may need more parking space than a car, I imagine on a Sunday that won't be as big an issue as usual. The store locator says it's a Supa IGA which I would presume is bigger than a regular IGA, and our local normal IGA covers quite a good range of stuff. What exactly are you looking for?