Piecing together a trip to Western Australia in the 2012 Australian Fall term, right now roughly between mid-March & mid-May. I'd like info regarding WA's holidays & school term during that period & how they might effect my trip. I'm doing WA & Japan back to back, so looking to save $ on hotels, etc.
- I'd like to know how Good Friday (6 April 2012), Easter Saturday (7th), Easter (8th), Easter Monday (9th), & Easter Tuesday (10th) would effect a tourist; all these show up on a calendar as holidays. I'm guessing people travel more over that weekend, so maybe hotels are harder to book & maybe more expensive? Or would people be staying home? Would grocery stores be closed? Gas stations?
- How does Anzac Day (Wednesday, 25 April 2012) effect tourists driving around, booking hotels, etc? More or less road traffic? Businesses/tourist stuff closed? Gas stations closed?
- Any other holidays or days I should know about between mid-March & mid-May?
- In the U.S. & in Japan, when school's out, there are more people travelling around, traffic's busier, hotel rooms are harder to book & more expensive. Is it the same in WA?
- I've read conflicting info regarding when school's Autumn vacation is. One source says 14 April to 29 April. Another source says that vacation always straddles the Easter holiday. Can anyone confirm this stuff or tell me WA's Autumn school vacation time?