We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overlander and Billabong Roadhouses

Perth
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Overlander and Billabong Roadhouses

I am thinking of stopping overnight at one of these roadhouses on the way from Perth to Exmouth, does anyone know what they are like, been there, heard of them or got any better suggestions not too far from the highway.

Thanks Kaz060

perth
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overlander and Billabong Roadhouses

I would suggest staying somewhere at Northampton rather than the roadhouses. Check out www.northamptonwa.com.au

It is a really nice town.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,309 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overlander and Billabong Roadhouses

Its probably 12 or 15 years since I last stayed at both - at that time they just had a row of donga's for about $15 a night.

Someone like Tet has probably passed by them more recently and may know what services they offer these days.

And I think we have a local expert up that way - BigAl ?? They may know too.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overlander and Billabong Roadhouses

Sorry, can't help. Filled our tank but didn't stay. Places we stayed between Perth and Exmouth on our way were Greenough, Kalbarri, Nanga and Carnarvon. Northampton also looked nice as Richie has said. Billabong roadhouse looked good but that doesn't say a thing of course. Maybe read this TR. Both Billabong and Overlander are mentioned bot not in a good way... fodors.com/community/australia-the-pacific/r…

Tet

West Aust
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Overlander and Billabong Roadhouses

Hi Kaz060

I was in Denham (Shark Bay) in January....I had to travel to both road houses on a number of occasions.

I wouldn't suggest anyone goes to Overlander.

Billabong is well run, however like anywhere up that way it's expensive.

I agree with RichieR.......Northampton...it's quaint.

Big Al

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overlander and Billabong Roadhouses

I totally agree about the comment about the Overlander and Billabong roadhouses. Visited both last January. Avoid The Overlander, I can't say anything positive about our experience. The Billabong was superior in every way. Am not sure about the accommodation but would suggest a town is a better option.

6. Re: Overlander and Billabong Roadhouses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2011, 16:17