We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New ipad at airport

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New ipad at airport

Hi,

There is a stote called First at Melbourne airport. Do you know if this is a trusted and approved apple reseller so that i can buy the i pad without any thoughts?

Thanks

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New ipad at airport

I have read this question on another Australian orum (Whirlpool forums) which deals with electronic stuff.

Most people that have visited the duty free at Melbourne airport say the IPad is not available.

However, if you are leaving Australia within 30 days you can buy it in a retail store (one of our Apple stores will do) and as long as you get a full invoice can claim the GST (or VAT as you might now it) leaving the country. There is a booth once you go through immigration and customs where you can claim it back provided you have a receipt AND the equipment purchased (meaning you must be taking it back out the county).

I have one this buying a laptop....it also means you can use it here before taking it out.

Here is the relevant information from our customs service.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4646.asp

Edited: 23 March 2012, 07:40
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New ipad at airport

Thanks for your reply. However, this is a trusted salespoint right?

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New ipad at airport

One more question, do you get the refund right away?

4. Re: New ipad at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:40