We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a digustation meal at a place with a great view?

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a digustation meal at a place with a great view?

We are off to Melbourne next week and want to take a special guest to a really great restaurent that does a digustation menue that will cater for one of our guest who doesn't eat meat.

It would be great if the place came with a great view or at least a really good ambiance, price is not an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Many thanks

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,774 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a digustation meal at a place with a great view?

Vue de Monde is the best in Melbourne. Their degustation menu is $250 pp and well worth it IMO.

http://www.vuedemonde.com.au/

I have been with a friend who has a gluten intolerance and they happily substituted for her. I am sure if you contact them before hand they will be able to accommodate any dietary requirements for you.

The other three hatter in Melbourne is Jaques Reymond, but I don't think they do a degustation menu - just a la carte.

The other place which comes highly recommended, although I've not been there personally, is Attica.

Happy eating!!!

Edited: 05 November 2011, 20:11
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
536 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a digustation meal at a place with a great view?

Evamelb, Jacques Reymond has a degustation menu. He was one of the first chefs in Melbourne to offer a degustation menu.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,774 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a digustation meal at a place with a great view?

Thanks for that - I've only ever had a la carte there. Must try it some day soon.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a digustation meal at a place with a great view?

Thank you so much for your help.

We are booked at jaquesRaymounds and I'll let you know how I find it!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
211 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a digustation meal at a place with a great view?

The new Vue de Monde, if you can get in. Attica has very good food, but no view at all. We are going to Vue for our 5th visit for Sunday lunch, so looking forward to it.

6. Re: Looking for a digustation meal at a place with a great view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 16:17