We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

melbourne airport to Malaysian hall

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
melbourne airport to Malaysian hall

Hi, need anyone advise on the transportation that i should take from airport to Malaysian hall at High st. i'm looking for something not very expensive transportation since it will be 7 of us. i will be arrive around 9am. Thanks in advance

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: melbourne airport to Malaysian hall

There is a bus service from the airport to the city which costs $16 per person. You would then need to take two different trams from the city - one from Southern Cross Station to Swanston St and the next to get you to High St.

For 7 people with luggage, the cheapest, quickest and easiest alternative is to get a maxi cab at the airport. These are like taxis, but hold more people. It will cost you about $80 for the cab. When you get out of the arrivals hall and go to the cab rank, you just tell the attendant that you want to hire a maxi cab and they will get one for you.

Cheers!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: melbourne airport to Malaysian hall

Hello szsk,

There are several High Streets in various older Melbourne suburbs. The one you want for the Malasian Hall is High Street, Prahran. It is found in the first block between St Kilda Road and Punt Road.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: melbourne airport to Malaysian hall

hi evamelb.many thanks for the information. Maxi cab sounds good to us..

yes Langy22,i have checked the online map and i guess it's easy to find..right.

Any advise on places that we should go? What we have planned is more on sightseeing..

melbourne city (the whole day should be enough?)

philip island

st kilda beach(can we go brighton beach from here?)

queen victoria market

yarra river..

Australia
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: melbourne airport to Malaysian hall

Hi

U can allocate one day for Melbourne city sightseeing which includes Queen Victoria Market and a walk along Southbank/Yarra River. You can take a rivercab, check the views from Eureka Tower.

Philip Island is a 2 hour drive away. U can either rent a car or book a tour that leaves from the city.

St Kilda Beach is a 20 minute tram ride away, but u will need to catch a train/taxi to Brighton Beach.

The Great Ocean Road is a lovely drive n that will take u 1 day.

The Yarra Valley and Healesville Sanctuary/Puffing Billy are nice.

Dunno how comfortable u r with driving, but with 7 of u it may be worthwhile to rent a Tarago for all the day trips.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: melbourne airport to Malaysian hall

From Malaysia Hall it's a short tram ride or walk to the Prahran Market which is also worth a visit.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,829 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: melbourne airport to Malaysian hall

>>The Great Ocean Road is a lovely drive n that will take u 1 day.<<

If you drive yourself it is recommended to take two days. It is a very long day on a winding scenic road so it is best to leave the driving to someone familiar with the road so that you can enjoy the scenery and not worry about the schedule, there are one day coach tours available and there are some companies that get very good reviews here.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: melbourne airport to Malaysian hall

dear all.. thanks for your feedback.

i really appreciate it..since it will be our first time visit to melbourne.

thanks again :)

8. Re: melbourne airport to Malaysian hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 23:18