We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice family hotel in St.Kilda?

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Nice family hotel in St.Kilda?

Hi all I am planning a long weekend in St.Kilday with myself, my sister and our kids (3 all up) and I am hoping someone can suggest a couple of family friendly hotels.

Our main priority is that there is a restaurant (for breakfast) on site and an indoor heated swimming pool.

Thanks in advance

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice family hotel in St.Kilda?

The Novotel St Kilda would cater for you although the indoor pool feature your after is more problematic as indoor pools are not a big feature of our hotels. Theres I think is outdoor but heated.

However, it is right across the road (Esplanade) from the St Kilda Sea Baths which is an indoor pool.

http://www.novotelstkilda.com.au/explore.html

http://www.stkildaseabaths.com.au

Although having said that its more of a gym pool rather than a play pool.

A little bit further away from St Kilda but within 10 minutes by tram (and you can walk across Albert Park to St Kilda as well) is the Sebel Albert Park & the Citigate Albert Park (both are part of the same complex/ownership - Citigate is the cheaper brand). They do have an indoor pool.

mirvachotels.com/sebel-albert-park-melbourne…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice family hotel in St.Kilda?

Have you considered Bayview Eden Melbourne, a 4 star hotel. They have lots of different packages including breakfast. Its located on Queens Road and yep they have an indoor heated pool too.

Good Luck

Kit

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice family hotel in St.Kilda?

We stayed with kids at the Novotel St Kilda a few years ago. The location is excellent, opposite the beach but I can't remember what the hotel was like.I do remember that the kids got a Novotel dolphin soft toy & showbag which was quite taste (not made of cheap stuff)

Alternatively, you may wish to consider Albert Park as an area as they have the Albert Park Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (huge centre, all heated indoors plus a WAVE pool every 30 mins) Loads of fun! localfitness.com.au/melbourne-sports-and-aqu…

But haven't stayed in Albert park so not sure if its suitable for tourists, it's more a lovely, green, trendy, cafe-infused inner city suburb.

Happy travels

4. Re: Nice family hotel in St.Kilda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 11:15