We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best Sunday Session in Melb.

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
best Sunday Session in Melb.

Hi Guys,

Coming down this weekend for the Long weekend with my mrs and we are keen on having a big one on Sunday night.

Where about in Melb is the best place for a Sunday session.

I have heard the rooftop bar's are pretty cool.

I know up here on the coast we have certain places that are better depending on the night of the week so wondering if there is a bar or something that is known for its sunday sessions.

Thanks guys

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best Sunday Session in Melb.

In summer I'd definitely say the Belgian Beer Garden....but I confess I'm not too sure in the winter months so I'm keen to know too!

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best Sunday Session in Melb.

We must be all out of town on Sundays! or at one of the churches? Maybe Taxi at Federation Square is open.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,279 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best Sunday Session in Melb.

Yes gardenboffin, taxi is open on Sundays. In fact, I would suggest you go for a walk through Federation Square and then along Southbank. You will find many restaurants and pubs/clubs opened - and quite busy! We often go for a Sunday drink at World, 2 Riverside Quay.

www.melbournepubs.com/venues/in/southbank/

http://www.fedsquare.com/index.cfm?pageID=329

Australia
Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best Sunday Session in Melb.

Thanks guys,

I will check those places out!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best Sunday Session in Melb.

Hello Seaeagles1,

I'm guessing by 'a session' you mean live music? Tomorrow's Age newspaper - www.theage.com.au - will have its EG entertainment guide. You will find plenty of choice for what's on over the weekend, or visit www.visitmelbourne.com.au

6. Re: best Sunday Session in Melb.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 18:44