We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Somerset on Elizabeth from the airport

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
165 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Somerset on Elizabeth from the airport

Hi!

My family and I will be visiting Melbourne for the first time this July, and would like to know the most economical way to get to Somerset on Elizabeth from the airport. We're a family of five and will be bringing small suitcases. Thank you!

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Somerset on Elizabeth from the airport

Skybus (including cbd shuttle transfer) is one option - see

http://www.skybus.com.au/

But for a group, a taxi would probably be cheaper. Catch is, ordinary cabs can only fit 4, so you'd be looking for a maxi-cab. These are available, but you may have to wait at the head of the queue until one pulls up. If you arrive when there's a supervisor on the taxi queue, he can call one up for you.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,142 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Somerset on Elizabeth from the airport

I agree with Gat. Skybus may be your best option. With a family of 5, the only type of taxi you will get into will be a maxi, and you may have to wait awhile for one. Besides, skybus will still be cheaper.

I assume there is 2 adults and 3 children (under 14)? If so, the total cost is $36 one way or $56 return.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
165 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Somerset on Elizabeth from the airport

Thanks for your replies! We are a family of five, but the three children are all over 18. So I guess it's better to take the Skybus. Thanks!

4. Re: Best way to get to Somerset on Elizabeth from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2010, 16:18