We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resturant with view in cbd

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
perth
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Topic
resturant with view in cbd

Just wanting to go to a nice place with a view before going to the fame musical. Have been looking at No 35 and the view looks amazing but the food looks alittle too posh and was after abit more of a normal dinning type experience not so much worried about the price as the food being of simple type.

Any reviews on the actual food and servings at the No35 or any other place similar thats recommended.

Thanks

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: resturant with view in cbd

Haven't been to No 35, but here's a review -

www.eatability.com.au/au/melbourne/no35/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: resturant with view in cbd

The Sofitel is famous in Melbourne for it's view from the 35th floor. It is a real Melbourne past-time.

As you mentioned though, it is quite expensive at No35 but the view is to die for.

I would suggest that you should still go up to the 35th floor to have a look around. Many many a tourist drop by to use the toilets there and YES, they also have the same amazing views(full length mirrors)

If the food is too expensive at No35, I would suggest just having a drink by the bar on the 35th floor. Can't remember the name of the place but it has a piano and is very serene there. Then go off for your pre-theatre dinner elsewhere.

I think the problem is that most restaurants with a view will be in hotels and that may affect the price. The alternative is to consider a quick bite at Chocolate Buddha (trendy, Asian inspired noodle place for pre-show dinners) It is at Federation Square and if you sit outside, you will get the view of Fed Square, Flinders St station, St Kilda road and hopefully a backdrop of the Yarra river at night.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: resturant with view in cbd

Sorry but anything that comes to mind in the CBD - because of the nature of what your asking for will be posh and have a high price. Anything high up (with the exception of the coffee shop at the top of the Eureka Tower) will be high priced (relatively) cos of the high rents at such levels. Although the Sofitel does serve burgers etc and finger food in their cafe from experience.

The only other place I can remotely think of is a bar that serves food in Swanston street - about midway up but the name excapes me for a moment (someone help here). Its on the rooftop but not sure if only open later in week.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: resturant with view in cbd

Several restaurants on Southbank have excellent views. Not high up, but great views looking towards the city. Tutto Benne is not expensive and probably has the best views, Breezes at Crown has great views, and the buffet restaurant at The Langham has terrific views with food to match. Google all three.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
564 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: resturant with view in cbd

Food at Number 35 is excellent - was there only last week.....mind you, I get cheap meals there with the Accor Advantage Plus discount....so I guess that makes any meal more palatable (no pun intended!).

If it's too expensive I'd suggest Southbank (if time permits) - lovely views of the river from a number of restaurants.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
584 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: resturant with view in cbd

We like the Conservatory at Crown - we love looking out over the river and watching the fire go off!

We are hoping to go to No.35 for our wedding anniversary... looks amazing!

7. Re: resturant with view in cbd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2010, 14:17