We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airport does Tiger Airways use

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
185 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Which airport does Tiger Airways use

I am planning my trip to Melbourne, Sydney & Gold Coast

There is no indication at the Tiger Airways website on which one of the 2 airports (Avalon or Tullamarine) it will fly to.

If it is Avalon , how much will it cost for a taxi ride and how long will it take to Melbourne CBD. Likewise from Tullamarine.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which airport does Tiger Airways use

Tiger flies into Tullamarine. I'm not sure about taxi costs though. You could check out the Skybus which is only $16 and takes you to Southern Cross Railway station and also some city hotels. You catch the Skybus out the front of the terminal.

Enjoy!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which airport does Tiger Airways use

Tiger currently use only Tullamarine, though their "terminal" (shed) is located a few hundred metres from the main building.

There are rumours that they will transfer some or all of their Melbourne Ops to Avalon later in the year, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Taxi to/from Tullamarine is around $40-$50. Buses are just as quick and much cheaper (around $15). You will need to walk from Tiger over to the main terminal to get the bus.

Singapore
Level Contributor
185 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which airport does Tiger Airways use

Appreciate the quick responses.

There will be 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids). So I guess it will not cost much more taking a taxi than the skybus.

What is the travelling time from Tullamarine to Melbourne CBD?

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,138 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which airport does Tiger Airways use

About 20 minutes travel time.

Tommo

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which airport does Tiger Airways use

The only airline that uses Avalon as far as I am aware is Jetstar fullstop. And then only for limited flights.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which airport does Tiger Airways use

"There is no indication at the Tiger Airways website on which one of the 2 airports (Avalon or Tullamarine) it will fly to"

their web site shows MEL which is tullamarine.

Avalon is AVV

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which airport does Tiger Airways use

Tullamarine airport is located 23 kms from the city and is easily reached by a freeway. Depending on what time of the day you arrive, whether it is peak hour or not, will depend on how much a taxi fare is - but roughly, $50.

Skybus for 2 adults and 2 children is $36 one way or $54 return. If you are staying in the city, you change at Southern Cross station into a smaller shuttle and they will take you to your hotel (this is included in your ticket price).

skybus.com.au/timetables-how-to-get-around-i…

Singapore
Level Contributor
185 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which airport does Tiger Airways use

Appreciate all the useful information. Thanks a lot

9. Re: Which airport does Tiger Airways use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2010, 15:19