We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best dog friendly accommodation for the discerning traveller

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best dog friendly accommodation for the discerning traveller

Hi there,

I just thought it might be useful to start a thread discussing great places to stay in Victoria (as I live in Melbourne) that also allow dogs to stay.

We've only had our pup for a year and we love to take him on local holidays with us.

We've just been to one place so far in Bright, Vic called Tyntynder Lodge. This was great for our little dog as it had a fully fenced backyard and he was allowed indoors and on the furniture as long as you used a sheet. it was near the river which was great for walks and a short drive from the main street in Bright. Only slight downside is that your dog is not allowed to be there alone but easy enough to arrange a dog sitter or day care when needed. Property standard was pretty decent but not what i'd called 'luxury'.

Please share your dog friendly experiences!

Blue Mountains Day Trip and River...
699 reviews
from USD 167.59*
Great Ocean Road Small-Group Eco-Tour...
1,260 reviews
from USD 105.25*
Special Offer
Phillip Island Tour from Melbourne
559 reviews
from USD 66.79*
USD 133.58
Special Offer
Blue Mountains Wildlife Day Tour from...
1,037 reviews
from USD 62.74*
USD 125.49
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,069 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best dog friendly accommodation for the discerning traveller

There are a large number of pet friendly accommodation places on Google.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best dog friendly accommodation for the discerning traveller

Yes i realise that. The point of my post above was to share experiences people have had when staying at these places.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best dog friendly accommodation for the discerning traveller

id love to read also,if anyone has any trips to share with.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Best dog friendly accommodation for the discerning traveller

Have you tried Coghill Cottages in Yarrawonga. The units there have all been upgraded to a high standard and dogs are allowed inside. Every unit has a little fenced area so the pets can sit safely outside in the sun. The units are only a short walk to town and lake and in a quiet street.

We took our little dog there and really enjoyed it.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best dog friendly accommodation for the discerning traveller

collingwood,it sounds lovely,I think my labrador would love it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best dog friendly accommodation for the discerning traveller

Well I have just come back from a holiday with our little dog and have a few to add to this post!

Port Fairy, Vic: Clonmara Cottages

They have Garden Cottages which are suitable for dogs but only one with a fenced yard. They are find for you to leave the dog in the cottage if you need to go out without him and also offer dog siting for a small fee. There are lovely gardens around the property but the dog must be kept on the lead at all times. The cottage we stayed in was very nice, clean and well appointed. Choice of cooked or continental breakfast in the morning included in the tariff. Overall very nice property and very friendly hosts. They even provided a little dog bed, bowl and biscuits for our pup!

Robe, SA: Driftwood Cottage

This is a self-contained cottage and very nice also. there is a small, secure courtyard at the rear and they accept dogs at the owners discretion. The property itself is lovely (will post a separate review shortly) and was perfect for our little dog.

Naracoorte, SA: Willowbrook Cottage

This is a self-contained, 3 bdrm house so suitable for a family. There is a large fenced backyard but the fencing might not hold up against a big dog determined to get out, but for our little boy it was perfect. Again, dogs are accepted at the owners discretion. House is nice and cosy.

Hope someone finds these helpful! Please keep sharing your experiences!

7. Re: Best dog friendly accommodation for the discerning traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 11:16