We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Anchorage Hotel Victor Harbor

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
The Anchorage Hotel Victor Harbor

Hi there, does anyone know what the Anchorage hotel in Victor Harbour is like? My husband and I are spending 2 nights in Victor Harbour sometime in June 2008. It looks like a hotel with reasonable rates. Also are there supermarkets in Vic Harbor?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
495 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Anchorage Hotel Victor Harbor

Sorry, can"t help with the hotel, as I have only stayed at the Hotel Victor and in holiday homes in the area.

Victor Harbor is a rapidly expanding area and there is a quite large, extended hours supermarket near the centre of the town. There are several cafes and restaurants and also good ones in the surrounding towns, Port Elliot and Goolwa. The main shopping area does tend to close early on a Saturday, around lunchtime.

Enjoy your stay!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
495 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Anchorage Hotel Victor Harbor

Perhaps I should have mentioned that Victor Harbor is on the tip of the Fleurieu Peninsula, not on Kangaroo Island at all.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Anchorage Hotel Victor Harbor

Thanks for the tips. My husband and I will be visiting Kangaroo Island before going to Victor Harbor. If we don't have a car, how do we get from Cape Jervis to Victor Harbor?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,451 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Anchorage Hotel Victor Harbor

I think the anchorage is a 3* motel - but friends stayed there and said it was OK. I think it will be almost impossible for you to get from Cape Jervis to VH without your own vehicle.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
495 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Anchorage Hotel Victor Harbor

Fleurieu Peninsula Coach connection between Goolwa

and Cape Jervis picks up at Goolwa, Middleton

and Victor Harbor five times a week, morning

and evening, to connect with Kangaroo Island

Ferry for day trips and tours.

Maybe you could contact the ferry company, Kangaroo Island Sealink, for details of the particular days you want to travel.

There is a daily coach service between Victor Harbor and Adelaide

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Anchorage Hotel Victor Harbor

This is excellent information. Thank you very much. Will connect with Sealink for more details.

7. Re: The Anchorage Hotel Victor Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 02:20