We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

catameran boat day trips

england
Level Contributor
117 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
catameran boat day trips

hi

I want to book a catameran boat trip for the day for my husband and I and was wondering if anyone new of any good ones.

Vicky

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: catameran boat day trips

Hi vhah

I can't recommend any, but..

we have been walking our dog along Seacliff/Brighton beach on weekends and there has been a passing cat with passengers, without binoculars we cannot read it's name.

this one advertises in the Adelaide/ South Oz booklet

www.dolphinboat.com.au

0412 811838

www.southaustralia.com

Sundance Catamaran Assoc Inc

(Adelaide area code 08)8298 6931

or you could try these larger boat/yacht clubs

Cruising Yacht Club of SA (info from person at another club to contact this one)

Nth Haven

www.cycsa.com.au

reception@cycsa.com.au

Garden Island Yacht Club

Pt Adelaide

8341 2754

Royal Sth Aust Yacht Squadron

8341 8600

www.rsays.yachting.org.au

We are sailing, we are sailing.....!!

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: catameran boat day trips

There's nothing to be gained by contacting the Squadron or the CYCSA or even Garden Island. These clubs are for members only who have private boats. Most private boats are not "in charter" and, as such, legally are unable to be used by their owners to provide tours or any type of "paid" trip. you would need to contact a proper tour operator.

In South Australia there are only three catamaran charter companies that I am personally aware of : two in Adelaide and one In Port Lincoln

Temptation, at Holdfast Shores Glenelg, is the main boat used by visitors to Adelaide who wish to get out on the water to see the city from our metropolitan beaches. www.dolphinboat.com.au

Viking Yacht Charters used to run tours on their Seawind Catamaran but I haven't seen it out for a long time now.. unsure if they are still running the business but worth a check : Viking Yacht Charters. North Haven SA 5018 ph: 0407 614 997 ...

Edited: 30 March 2011, 09:51
3. Re: catameran boat day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 21:17