We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adelaide in June

Murupara, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Adelaide in June

My Husband & me are flying into Adelaide on 1st June from NZ. can someone tell me what kind of weather to expect then. I have checked out the climate& weather for Adelaide but feel they are too 'averaged'.

We have one night there before boarding the Ghan, but don't want to be weighed down by winter gear for one night/morning. We fly out of Darwin for home.

Also, what can we expect when we reach the railway station... how well is the Ghan check-in desk signposted...any tip & tricks are welcome to make our trip hassle-free in our ignorance of how things are done.

We are 2 oldies 80 + 69 fit & active.

Any + all comments appreciated

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adelaide in June

Hi Anne, Adelaides weather in June can be from 15c to 20c and maybe rain, and did you know South Australia is the driest state in Australia, so to encourage the rain, bring a brolly :)

To reach the Ghan train its best to take a taxi from the city, to the interstate rail station (about A$15.00) You need to be at the station one hour before departure, and the train staff will be on the platform to greet you, and assist you onboard.

Adelaide airport is easy to negoiate, and there are airport concierges to assist you. The taxi rank is immediately outside the terminal building, and a 20 minute ride to the city about A$15.00.

Staying in a city centre hotel, the staff will advise of nearby restaurants.

Have a great journey.

Edited: 17 March 2010, 15:03
Murupara, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adelaide in June

Thank you Nurioopta, now I know how to dress! I did not know that South Australia is the driest State so maybe a small foldable brolly would help to encourage some rain!

Thanks also for the info re transfers & cost of taxi etc.

3. Re: Adelaide in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 15:16