We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4WD tours from William Creek

Brisbane
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
4WD tours from William Creek

Does anyone know if there are any 4WD tours to Lake Eyre available from William Creek? Or 4WD hire? Any information would be really helpful.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,793 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4WD tours from William Creek

William Creek is a hotel and about 5 houses in the middle of nowhere on the old Ghan train line, long since closed.. There is a person who operates a light aircraft for rlight over Lake Eyre.

You would have to get there first.

Check the William Creek Hotel site for info

http://williamcreekhotel.net.au/

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4WD tours from William Creek

There are tours to William Creek and Lake Eyre from Coober Pedy - but you are much better off taking a flight as you dont really get mcuh perspective of the lake from the ground.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4WD tours from William Creek

Thanks for the info bigw and nozzie. I'm flying in to William Creek and will be staying there a day or two. I really want to photograph a sunset/sunrise over Lake Eyre so I'm looking for a way to get there from William Creek.

Do you have any suggestions?

Edited: 27 February 2012, 22:15
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4WD tours from William Creek

I would ring the William Creek Hotel and ask them.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4WD tours from William Creek

Hi, did you get out to Halligan Bay, Lake Eyre? I've seen sunrises & sunsets out their & they're wonderful experiences. I'll be driving Wil Ck to lakes edge on Thurs 3rd April and have a spare seat. Safe travels. Paul

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4WD tours from William Creek

Hi, did you get out to Halligan Bay, Lake Eyre? I've seen sunrises & sunsets out their & they're wonderful experiences. I'll be driving Wil Ck to lakes edge on Thurs 3rd April and have a spare seat. Safe travels. Paul

Edited: 31 March 2012, 21:37
Adelaide
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4WD tours from William Creek

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4WD tours from William Creek

Paul instead of continually posting here (and getting no answer) try sending a personal message to Marianne - but I suspect she/he has been and gone.

9. Re: 4WD tours from William Creek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:43
Get answers to your questions about South Australia