We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poinciana #107 Hamilton Island Australia

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver BC
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Poinciana #107 Hamilton Island Australia

My wife and I have just booked a holiday in Poinciana #107 on Hamilton Island Nov. 21-26, 2010. Is anyone familiar with this condo? Also looked at area on Google Earth and there appears to be some construction nearby where I believe the complex to be. Has anyone had problems with construction noise or dust affecting this property? Alternative was Heliconia Grove #8 for the same price. Does anyone have comparative info. Thanks, Nick

whitsundays
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Poinciana #107 Hamilton Island Australia

Hello GP

As it happens I met up with a friend at that apartment a week or so ago. I had not been up to Poinciana for some time & was amazed how the gardens etc had grown up beautifully. You are very centrally located with equal distances to the Marina & the Resort. Set back against the hill, you are in a great position to take in the panoramic views over the Main Resort to beautiful Catseye Bay with Whitsunday Island in the background.

Located up one flight of stairs...

#107 is what most hotels would describe as an executive one bedroom apartment. Fully self contained with lots of really comfortable furniture to lounge about on. The bedroom with its kingsize bed is wonderfully spacious.

I can see you both spending lots of your time sitting on the great balcony soaking up the views & listening to the wonderful bird life.

The construction site that you may have encountered on Google Earth is perhaps the private house that is nearing completion....way up behind Poinciana. It will have little or no affect on your apartment or holiday.

Hope that puts your mind at ease.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poinciana #107 Hamilton Island Australia

also check out the date of google earth as the maps are sometimes quite old so what you see there now may be completed

There are not any apartments being built in this area.. the Yacht Towers are across the road and as already pointed out, the houses are up behind this hill and should have no impact on your stay

have fun

Abbey

3. Re: Poinciana #107 Hamilton Island Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics