We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glass bottom boat

Which Port Douglas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
245 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
glass bottom boat

We will be in PD in two weeks. There will be 4 of us and one is a non-swimmer (me!) - would like to do the trip to the reef in a glass bottom boat so I can enjoy the trip while the others snorkel. Can anyone recommend what company has a glass bottom boat? Any experiences to share?

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: glass bottom boat

For a non swimmer and gass bottom boat, I would say go with Quicksilver. This is a much larger operation than many of the smaller ones around, but, I think it will suit your needs. You also have the pontoon, an underwater observatory and a semi sub, all these an advantage for a non swimmer and not forgetting that in 2 weeks or so, the place will be relatively quiet, so they possibly won't be carrying as many on board.

There are smaller boats that will take you to Low isles and the Outer Reef that also have a glass bottom boat.

Haba goes to the outer reef and has a glass bottom boat, but you are restricted on board while the others are snorkelling.

Low Isles could be an option, but, the outer reef wins hands down.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: glass bottom boat

We used Ocean Spirit Cruises. its a very nice huge boat that you don't get sea sick on. the staff was exellent. They have gided snorkle tours with bilologist or you can do your own thing. And they have a glass bottom boat with a narrative guide thats neat. Its a little more expensive but worth it for the extra details. The food was great and if you are going to be out of an activity they will hold a plate for you. There is a "dry" room inside with a tv that shows under videos. I found it very professional. We did the one to Michalemas Cay that was a blast. My parents aren't swimmers and my mom had never snorkled before and loved it. http://www.oceanspirit.com.au/

YOu can go to my contributions and read the review I left for them.

3. Re: glass bottom boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Port Douglas