We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar from Singapore

Northampton
Level Contributor
154 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar from Singapore

Not sure which forum to put this on, so I have put it on a few! We are flying from Singapore to Cairns in September on Jetstar. It is a flight which is part of a ticket bought from Qantas, and as such we are told that refreshments are included on the flight (ie no extra charge) whereas normally food and drink has to be paid for on this flight. We will only know for defiante whats included when we check in I guess.

Has anyone any experiences, and if it turns out that food isn't included FOC can we actually take food on with us, as we saw somewhere that you couldn't.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,752 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar from Singapore

maybe have a look on the www.airlinequality.com site for reviews which may show catering examples.

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar from Singapore

I've taken this flight.

There was food for those of us who were codeshare. The FAs had a list of people and if you were on the list, you got food, if not you had to purchase it.

Chester UK
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar from Singapore

Hi

We'll be taking this flight in March 2009 - how did it go?

Northampton
Level Contributor
154 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar from Singapore

Hi

We took the flight in September this year and it was fine, food for those with codeshare (for us Qantas) and flight was on time and as good as any of our qantas flights

Narooma, Australia
Level Contributor
977 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar from Singapore

My daughter and her man flew ecconomy class Jetstar from Singapore to Cairns, codeshare with Qantas from London a week ago. They report that Jetstar meals were included at no additional charge, the food was fine, and the trip was quite reasonable.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,643 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar from Singapore

Yes, I agree with Andy. I have travelled with Jetstar (MEL- BKK) and there were many Qantas passengers on with me and the FA's had a list of those passengers and were fed accordingly.

I must also say that my Jetstar flight was more hassle free than flying Qantas!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,325 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetstar from Singapore

chester,

we took a jetstar flight from sydney to kl last year. we found that the only difference between paying upfront for the food and buying on the flight was that pre-paid passengers were entitled to free beverages. cost of a main meal on board was the same as prepaid. tbh, the crew were so busy serving food/sorting out pre-paids/selling food that we only felt that we could ask for another free drink. so, the moral of the story.....? your choice. some people do not eat much on a flight cos of air sickness/tiredness so for these people it is not worth pre-paying.

yes, we brought some snacks on board...no problems. saw some other passengers with sandwiches/croissants etc...no problems.

do bring a light jacket etc as it can get cool on board and you would have to buy a comfort pack if you need a blanket.

we were happy to go with jetstar for the 7-8 hour flight and for the price we paid.

8. Re: Jetstar from Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 08:23