We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Choice Car Rentals

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First Choice Car Rentals

There is no section to review Car Rentals so maybe i'll put this here.

i rented a car online form these folks in Australia all the way from Canada. i found their website while surfing the net and something caught my eye. The price was fine. there was a nice fellow waiting for us at the luggage carousel at the airport and the car was waiting outside. Drove a few minutes away to a parking lot and he got into his other car after a bit of paperwork (most was already done online) and away we go.

On the return, we met at the parking right outside the departures, handed the keys and off we went.

When we first got the car we both looked it over and i asked how fussy I should be. He said that there are car hires that make all their money on nicks and scratch repairs and assured us he wasn't one of those and as long as he could touch it up with a bit of colour, not to worry.

being picked up at the carousel and dropped off at departure, a good car, fair price, and no worries about being ripped off made this a real pleasant experience

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Choice Car Rentals

I have never heard of this company. It is not one often referred to on the Brisbane or Gold Coast forums. Glad you had a pleasant experience. Providing there are no problems one can get a great financial deal through these 2nd tier operators. How they rectify a significant problem is where the rubber hits the road.

Morrinsville New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Choice Car Rentals

Hi the same as the Canadian traveller I can not find a way of reviewing this through T/Advisor. I rented a vehicle very recently from 1st Choice Rentals in Brisbane for 24 days.This was the best rental car deal I have done - the initial communications with Dave & Colette were excellent & the pricing better than Apex & Alpha Rentals.Where they excelled was the choice of type of vehicle ( Rent a Dent newer & new ), the insurance $5/day to reduce the excess & meeting & signing us up at the airport so there were no delays.

Knowing the make & model of car ( new ) suited me, I did not need the insurance as I ( like beanb41 ) have my own travel insurance. I found them by chance after extensive googling - shortly they, according to Dave will change their name to Car Rentals so hopefully they will get better known as I would recommend them to anyone.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Choice Car Rentals

Maxton in answer to your first sentence TA have decided that they will not institute a car rental review section. Their reason is that such a forum will quickly evolve into a complaint fest about car rental companies. Whilst I would like to see a car review forum I cant argue too much with their rationale. The matter has been debated over many forums for a considerable number of years.

Wellington, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: First Choice Car Rentals

My wife and I hired a budget 1st Choice rental car last month [Apr 14] in Brisbane. We were met after leaving the customs area by the lovely owners who took us to our car in a nearby car park. The car went well and we were more than happy with our 1st Choice rental car experience. We were able to park the car back in the same airport car park prior to our early departure. Two days of the daily rate would be equivalent to a taxi ride to Brisbane Airport. Why did I go with them? I read the shocking reviews of the major rental car companies in Australia. Compare the rental car insurance offered by 1st choice - they offer single vehicle accident insurance as well - how many other rental car companies offer that?

5. Re: First Choice Car Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 16:15