We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Notice - Brisbane Day Trip

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Short Notice - Brisbane Day Trip

I have about 36 hours to kill in Brisbane... have limited funds, no car and stuck in the Hilton. I'd like to capitalize on a business trip and see as much as I can on budget. I'm not overly interested in swimming or shopping... I can do those in any country. Would like to focus on photo opportunities and history. Any recommendations?

Bill

San Francisco

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Notice - Brisbane Day Trip

Oh, and finally I'm leaving tomorrow. So, I'm looking for Satruday, Feb 25th/26th activities. Thanks again!

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Notice - Brisbane Day Trip

Pop over the river to the cultural centre and go to the museum and art gallery. Restaurants and beach/pool are nearby. Go on a city cat for a cruise up the river and snap away.

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Notice - Brisbane Day Trip

You can climb the Storey Bridge - it is one of only 3 bridge climbs in the world - that is something different ! The Storey Bridge is not too far from the CBD. Also Mt Cootha has great views of Brisbane.

www.ourbrisbane.com might be of some help

The Hilton in Brisbane is a great location - walk down to the Botanic gardens by the river.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short Notice - Brisbane Day Trip

go on a day tour to Binna Burra, O'Reillys or Mt Gorious, Mt Nebo ( scenic, wildlife, rainforest photos)

Enjoy the Seafood buffet at the Hilton

walk to the Windmill Building or the Observatory and Kangaroo Point cliffs for photo opportunities, lots of historical buildings for photo opportuniteis