We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Help

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Help

Hi everyone,

Firstly thanks to georgiamorrison and Ellemay for helping me narrow my restaurant choice down to two restaurants!

I'm stuck for where to go next Friday night. I've got confirmed reservations at both E'cco and Il Centro. Which one would you choose? We want something a little special as we're going to be kinda celebrating the start of our holiday. I think with one or two drinks included [we're not big drinkers] I'd be looking at $170ish at either restaurant.

To keep costs down on the Saturday night, we're going to look at going to Jo-Jo's. That place looks reasonably priced but still quite good - massive menu!

Any help on choosing between E'cco and Il Centro would be awesome. I was surprised I got the booking at E'cco actually after reading how popular it is.

Cheers,

Ash & Rich

Mentioned in this post
E'cco Bistro
E'cco Bistro
441 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Il Centro Restaurant and Bar
Il Centro Restaurant and...
713 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Springbrook and Tamborine Rainforest...
45 Reviews
from USD 119.40*
Free Cancellation
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Admission...
365 Reviews
from USD 58.60*
Free Cancellation
Stradbroke Island Day Trip from...
113 Reviews
from USD 119.40*
Free Cancellation
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,900 posts
1,852 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Help

Hi,

I could not get a booking into E'cco so i'm only going on what I have read about the establishment..it does sound good thats why I tried so hard to get a reservation but no luck! I went ti ii Centro and enjoyed the meal the service was excellent..a little noisy but I was not disappointed.We were recommended this restuarant through this forum as had overseas guests with us...they also enjoyed the food.

Mentioned in this post
E'cco Bistro
E'cco Bistro
441 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Help

i would go with e'cco, but that is just my personal preference. they are both pretty noisy if there is a crowd, but the food and the service are wonderful.

if you want somewhere a bit more romantic i would look at Michael's (riverside) or TwoII (Near the gardens). but neither of these are a good food wise as ecco.

another option for saturday would be Freestyle tout either at rosalie or emporium. they are a dessert restaurant so as long as you don't mind ice cream, cakes and chocolate for dinner they are great fun.

jojo is reasonable, as is the eastwest cafe just down the mall.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Help

Both these restaurants are great! I'm sure you would be happy with either.

Why don't you go to their websites and look at the current menus to try and choose?

eccobistro.com and il-centro.com.au

I hope that you aren't disappointed with Jo-Jo's the next night because it's just not in the same league. As long as you know what to expect it can be quite a good night there.

HarleyB

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Help

I'm going with E'cco. The food menu looks great. :-) I'll stick with Jo-Jo's the next night because it will mean we can have different types of food. I like Thai and partner likes pasta so that works well. :-)

Thanks for helping me make up my mind everyone!

Mentioned in this post
E'cco Bistro
E'cco Bistro
441 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Help

Siggi's at the Stamford Plaza is FANTASTIC. We stayed at the Stamford [review coming when I actually finish my holiday] and it was a great place to stay, not sure why it isn't top ten on TripAdvisor in Brisbane as it by far has the best location - better than the Marriott and other big brand hotels, even the Quay West's location fails in comparison.

Back to Siggi's, surprised at the bill, wasn't as much as I thought. We had a full meal and the bill was $170 for two. Extensive and expensive wine list, but I don't like to drink with my meals so that's why it was cheaper. Went down to the Pavillion Bar afterwards for cocktails which was fantasitc.

Totally reccommend Siggi's and the Stamford Plaza.

We went to another restaurant at Southbank [a short and really fantastic/romantic stroll from the Stamford through the gardens and over the bridge], can't remember the name, but we paid about $150 I think and it was no where near the class, standard and perfection of Siggi's. :-)

PS. Had an awesome time in Brisbane!

Mentioned in this post
Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Stamford Plaza Brisbane
3,381 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Help

Oh, if you're wondering why I didn't go to E'cco it was because it was pouring down with rain and we really couldn't be bothered. Those first couple of winding down days on a holiday sap your energy levels something fierce!

Mentioned in this post
E'cco Bistro
E'cco Bistro
441 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,900 posts
1,852 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Help

sounds like you had or are enjoying your stay.Next time I stay in Brisbane..i'm going for the Stamford..I checked it out whilst cruising the streets and it looked fab..we stayed at Quay West apartments and they were rather ordinary..spacious with good views..but the food was disgusting..my review is on the way too!

The Japanese restaurant in the Stamford was terrific...cant recall name now but excellent.

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Help

The Japanese restaurant at the Stamford is called Kabuki. I haven't been for years but it was always wonderful.

Ash I'm glad you enjoyed Siggis. The food is maybe a bit more traditional than E'cco (still delicious though) but the service is some of the best you will get anywhere.

Mentioned in this post
E'cco Bistro
E'cco Bistro
441 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
Get answers to your questions about Brisbane