We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time should we spend in Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary?

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
13 posts
Save Topic
How much time should we spend in Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary?

Hello,

We will be in Brisbane for only 2.5 days. We want to see both Gold Coast and SunShine Coast because my boyfriend is a surfer, but we also want to see the Koala bear. How much time should I plan to stay in the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary?

Thank you!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time should we spend in Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary?

If you are not likely to "pose with the koalas", 2 hours should be enough, IMO.

I have posted a review recently....

Others may disagree, but check:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g255068-d2…

Edited: 09 April 2010, 12:01
Australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time should we spend in Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary?

I agree a couple of hours should be enough. If you are so limited with time though by the time you drive out to Lone Pine and back you wont have much tiime left in the day to go to either coast. Have you thought about seeingthe koalas somewhere at the gold coast? fir exanple if he wants to surf at Currumbin you could pop into currumbin sanctuary or Fleays Sanctuary at Burleigh during a day at the coast surfing. Just an idea.

San Francisco
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time should we spend in Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary?

Thank you so much for your reply.

darwin
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How much time should we spend in Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary?

Another suggestion similar to Bronnykay, You could stop at Australia Zoo on the way to Sunshine Coast, there is an excellent B&B "Hideaway" at Beerwah about 2Km from the Zoo.There is also other accomadation in the area. Most likely about 1 1/2 hour drive to coast from Brisbane, and return to Beerwah about 35min from southern part of sunshine coast.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much time should we spend in Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary?

Even as a Brisbaneite who has liveed here for more than 50 years, I can still spend a few hours there no problem.

enjoy!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much time should we spend in Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary?

ychow, I hope you have a wonderful holiday, but ....... they're Koalas, just Koalas - no relation to bears at all :-) and here endeth the lesson :-)

(not your fault at all, of course, but having them referred to as Koala Bears is a pet peeve of mine (and many Aussies). My niece in Atlanta told my daughter her teacher was conducting a lesson on Australian fauna and INSISTED they are called Koala Bears, so I can understand when people get it wrong)

7. Re: How much time should we spend in Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2010, 17:16