We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation next to car rental companies.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
22 reviews
Accommodation next to car rental companies.

Hello, I arrive at Brisbane International airport at night. I’m thinking of putting up one night somewhere - next to a car rental so I can just walk over & pick up a car the next day. I’ve looked at the 2 hotels at the airport & Apex. Any other suggestions of a place to stay? Can be Hotel or Airbnb. Ideally, it’s easy to get to & just next to the car rental company. I wonder how most people get to these car rental places with their luggage... Are there tie ups btw hotels & car rental Co here?

6 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
11,546 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Accommodation next to car rental companies.

If you are hiring the car at the airport and staying at the airport, it is all very short walking distance with nice footpaths to wheel your bag along.

If you are looking at Apex on Nudgee Road, then you can stay at the Ibis Budget Brisbane Airport Hotel and it is a five minute flat walk along footpaths on Navigator Place and Nudgee Road.

Cheers.

Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
2. Re: Accommodation next to car rental companies.

Depending on the standard of accommodation you want, the cost, and how many in your group, there are a variety of hotels and motels. Taxi fare from International is around A$!2 and from domestic A$15 door to door. I'm a bit confused about 'the pleasant walk.' especially between end of October and end of March when it is a 'little' warmer. Between Ibis and car rental is fine. Walk, pick up the car and return for the luggage. BUT Depending on flight times, consider hiring (collecting) from the airport. (Contact the hirer re cost.) Not Brisbane where I live but in numerous other places the few hours cost comes close to the taxi fare. Also, now with the car, you can consider alternative accomodation closer to or where you eventually want to be. Eg. Gold Coast is only around 1.25 hours easy drive away.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Accommodation next to car rental companies.

Thank you Pamantuk & sweetbiscuit21 for the great advice.

My flight arrives at 8pm at the Brisbane International airport. My destination is likely to be Tamborine Mountain. As i'm not from Australia, is it easy to drive up the mountain in the dark? I was told by Apex that they charge $40 for after hours pick up. So it may not be worth to do so?

Is Ibis nearer to Apex than Pullman Brisbane hotel? Will I be hearing guests slamming doors leaving for early flights? Look forward to any suggestions any of you may have :)

Cheers.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
11,546 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Accommodation next to car rental companies.

No, you should not drive up to Tamborine at night if you have no experience driving on dark, narrow, winding unlit roads where there is a risk of hitting an animal. I don’t like driving that area at night and I’m used to those conditions.

Ibis is very close to Apex (look at Google Maps) but it is a budget hotel. No idea about noise - I’m sure the reviews will tell you. It is not at the airport but about five minutes in a taxi away. If you stay at the Pullman you can just get a taxi next morning.

Cheers.

Edited: 14 September 2018, 05:31
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,957 posts
114 reviews
5. Re: Accommodation next to car rental companies.

The two hotels at the domestic terminal are the only options to be near airport based rental pick-up. There is a free shuttle bus that connects the terminals called the T-Bus. The hotels will be as noisy as brand new hotels can be.

You can choose a cheap hotel just outside the airport however you have to pay to get there, a taxi to Ascot would be around $20-$25. There is an Ibis just outside the airport, I think that's the one Sweetbiscuit mentioned, it is directly next to the freeway ... you won't be able to hear slamming doors over the traffic noise.

Edited: 14 September 2018, 07:02
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Accommodation next to car rental companies.

All good advice - thanks.

Reply to: Accommodation next to car rental companies.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted