We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland to brisbane return

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Ireland to brisbane return

Hello!! Travelling my family are planning to visit my brother in brisbane from Ireland July 2019. We would love to stop in dubai for a few nights to break the flight up as my dad (74) and 4 year old would need the rest plus would like to see some sites. Does anyone recommend how we o this as flights I've seen go up £500 per person. Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,475 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Ireland to brisbane return

Presume you’re looking at Emirates?

I’ve never paid extra with either Etihad or Emirates for a stopover in Abu Dhabi or Dubai. How are you trying to do this? Are you using the multi city option on the airline’s website?you add the first flight from Ireland to DXB, then DXB to Bne, then BNEback to Ireland.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Ireland to brisbane return

I priced originally Dublin to brisbane in July 2019 and was working out about 850 each with no stopovers just a loyover of a few hours in dubai and same return . I then priced Dublin to dubai then dubai to brisbane and brisbane to Dublin and was working out 1350 oo

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,475 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Ireland to brisbane return

Did you use the multi city option orprice 3 one way flights?

I’m booked for Feb with Emirates and the price was identical whether I had a 4 hour connection or 2 days and 4 hours. Maybe some of the cheaper economy fares aren’t allowing free stopovers anymore. You could have a look at Etihad.

If you have a Trailfinders near you, go and see them orcall them. They are the best U.K. TA for trips to Australia. They’ll be able to tell you why it’s costing so much for a stopover and if there is any way to avoid it.

Edited: 13 September 2018, 20:05
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,964 posts
114 reviews
4. Re: Ireland to brisbane return

Just call Emirates ... they have stopover packages. Do they have an office in Dublin? If so do it there.

https:/…experience-dubai-as-a-stopover.aspx

Reply to: Ireland to brisbane return
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted