We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 nights in Queensland

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
7 nights in Queensland

Hi there

I have booked a suprise trip for my hubby for October. Sydney (18-24) then flying to Cairns.

We have previously done the road trip Sydney to Brisbane but thought we'd do something different seen as though it's that far away (!)

I was thinking of booking a beach house in Palm Beach for the whole week so that we can hire a car and explore Queensland from there as a base - Does this sound good or is it better to travel around?

We would like to visit Barrier Reef (A MUST!) and maybe some islands (can you do this on day trips?) and rainforest etc.

It has to be a trip that he will remember forever (!)

Thanks so much in advance of your responses !

Jennifer

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 nights in Queensland

H Jennifer

I think you mean Palm Cove just north of Cairns, if so, it would be a great area to stay and explore North QLD from, however it is a long way from Brisbane so you will miss on other areas. Palm Cove will be ideal for your reef and rainforest trips..

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,858 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 nights in Queensland

Hi,

A beach house would be fun in Palm Cove and hiring a car for exploring. However, it depends on what itinerary you want to do...I would probably split the time between Palm Cove and Port Douglas so you don't have to drive as far to see the local attractions.

Palm Cove - Explore Kuranda , Great Barrier Reef , Cairns , Green island

Port Douglas - explore Daintree NP (rainforest) and Cape Tribulation.

EM.

3. Re: 7 nights in Queensland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 16:17