We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The lakes at Berry Springs

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The lakes at Berry Springs

HI.

Has anyone ever stayed in this caravan park?

We have 2 small kids and thought it would be fun to stay a night in this area during our trip so we can go to the wildlife park and swim at berry springs.

Is it nice or are there other recommendations?

Thanks!

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The lakes at Berry Springs

Years ago my daughter did a school camp there and there were no complaints, they also did a guide camp at Tumbling Waters which is 5 kns further on. It has a lot of room and trees and it looked ok.

There is the Boomerang hotel(also called the Virginia Hotel) and Caravan park at Virginia which is about 10 kms beyond Palmerston on the way to Berry Springs. I recommend the meals at the hotel, need to book for a Friday night meal but it is family friendly. The Berry Springs caravan parks would be the better ones to stay at for children and seeing the sights.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The lakes at Berry Springs

with two little ones i definately recommend the tumbling waters caravan park if you can get in as its very popular, and very family friendly with an array of activities at the park including a pool. check their website, im pretty sure you can book online too. Second option would be the berry springs caravan park called 'the lakes' its ok, has a water slide which is nothing special and the lakes are mainly used by water ski'ers, not really for swimming, another billabong is used for leisurly paddleboating or cannoeing, probably not that suitable if you have little ones, if you have a choice between the two then i definately recommend the tumbling waters caravan park. websites are follows

http://www.tumblingwatersholidaypark.com.au/

http://www.lakesresortcaravanpark.com.au/

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The lakes at Berry Springs

Thanks.

I've read so many recommendations to swim in Berry springs and see the wildlife park. Is it the lakes that people are talking about or is there another spring or natural pool people are talking about that may be separate from the caravan park?

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The lakes at Berry Springs

dont get me wrong, the lakes resort at berry springs is still nice, however, its certainly not tropical with lush green lawns and surrounding palms if thats what youre after, its more natural bush with billabongs, so it depends of course what youre after. What was it that sounded appealing to you and i might be able to help further, perhaps they might be referring to Lake Bennet resort which is about 30kms from berry springs further south from darwin (near batchelor turn off) about 75-80km from darwin. did you check their websites?

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The lakes at Berry Springs

and sorry, i forgot to ad... berry springs and territory wildlife park is most definately worth a visit, do allow though a full day for territory wildlife park, its fantastic, theres so much more on offer than the city attractions like crocodile farm and crocodylus park, for more info check these websites...

enjoy-darwin.com/berry-springs-nature-park.h…

www.territorywildlifepark.com.au

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The lakes at Berry Springs

THanks.

The recommendations I had received said to go to the wildlife park and then during lunch or after take a break and swim at Berry springs.

I had the impression it was really nice but its hard for me to know b/c I"ve never been!

7. Re: The lakes at Berry Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2010, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Darwin