We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

Which one is better btw the King creek station safari cabin or deluxe spa room in Kings canyon resort ? Both locations are very expensive and doesn’t really have good reviews. Anybody been to both locations ? I will be driving from Alice spring, probably won’t arrive till 1 or 2 pm, is 1 night too rush.

Mentioned in this post
Kings Canyon Resort
Kings Canyon Resort
1,839 Reviews
Kings Canyon, Australia
11 replies to this topic
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,428 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

One night worked well for doing the Rim walk in the morning and having time to do the creek walk (which is quite short) and also the Kathleen Springs walk. Two nights would have been one too many for us ... not enough to do and accommodations leave a bit to be desired (I wrote a review after our stay in a spa room at KC Resort last year.) I'm not familiar with the Kings Creek station accommodations - is there anything to do there? (at the resort you can join in the sunset viewing gathering, swim, and walk around to explore.)

Mentioned in this post
Kings Creek Station
Kings Creek Station
288 Reviews
Alice Springs, Australia
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

Thank you, Susan. Given the condition of the spa and bathroom from your last trip, would you opt for the standard room for next time ? Or still stick with the Spa Room bos it might has a better view ?

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,428 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

You're welcome. I didn't feel that the view wasn't worth spending extra on - it was OK, but we weren't in the room very much. I guess it depends on the price difference whether I'd choose to upgrade or not (can't remember what the difference was - but does the basic room include breakfast?) If you're there when it's slow and you don't like your room, suggest asking if they have a better one.

We were glad we went to KC - overall it was a good trip. Our accommodations at Ayers Rock Resort were really nice - good to be staying there after KC.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

Thank you for the info.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
30,185 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

I've stayed ina spa room at Kings Canyon Resort. I thought it was good, if you make the effort avail yourself of the spa. Otherwise it's extra money for a short view of the desert.

I highly recommend the evening meal "Under a Desert Moon" at Kings Canyon. Better than Uluru's Sounds of Silence.

Mentioned in this post
Kings Canyon Resort
Kings Canyon Resort
1,839 Reviews
Kings Canyon, Australia
Kings Canyon
Kings Canyon
776 Reviews
Red Centre, Australia
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

The two places are completely different.

The cabins are now a bit older- but I honestly did not have an issue with our spa room at KCR. We had breakfast included and did breakfast one day at the main restaurant and a bbq the next night in the shed. The other time was camping. One night we had a dingo outside our window, and had a nice view of Watarrka.

KC Station is more glamping and the tents make you feel like you are among the nature aspect. Its not for everyone though.

Do you have a questions about one or the other ?Anything holding you back ?

One issue is with these places that are remote is that upkeep is massive due to the harsh weather conditions and getting and keeping staff is a big challenge. Everything has to be trucked in and the nearest city is over 2000kms away.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
498 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

We have just come back from a week out in the Red Centre including 3x nts at KCR in spa room. The room was good considering the remoteness of the location, everything worked and the bed was comfortable. We did use the spa and rather than the desert view, which you don't really see at night unless you have the room lights on, we turned all the lights out and enjoyed the most magnificent night sky we have ever seen. More stars can be seen out there in the clear air and lack of light pollution than you can imagine. We were talking to another couple one night who had booked at KCS and after one night decided to leave and come up to KCR.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

>>>Everything has to be trucked in and the nearest city is over 2000kms away<<<

Yes the staff had to order their stuff a week earlier by fax, and each fortnight there is a rally for non rostered staff first thing in the morning to help unload the pallets.

Yulara, Australia
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

The resort is the better place to stay with more options available and tourists activities. At the resort you also have service station with shopping facilities, pub, restaurant and other leisure activities like walking trails and swimming pool.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort

Garry W- what was the reason the couple moved to KCR ?

Reply to: Kings Creek Station or King Canyon Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted