We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day tour in Alice Springs

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
1 day tour in Alice Springs

Hi. We’ve got 1 day dedicated to a tour. It seems like the West MacDonnell ranges is the place to see and all that it offers.

Not interested in being part of a group of 30+ people.

Prefer a mini-bus size kinda group.

The guide always makes the day I find - knowledge, passion and a great sense of humour.

Which tour companies do people recommend?

Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
267 posts
570 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day tour in Alice Springs

Why not rent a car and drive yourself? The road to the West Macs was great and well marked. No need for a guide imho.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
16,695 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day tour in Alice Springs

Agree, hire a car and do it at your own pace. Then you can take as long as you want. Plan to spend from sunrise to sunset in the area. There is certainly enough to do/see.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,386 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day tour in Alice Springs

I’m a great DIYer, but sometimes a tour guide really can add a layer of understanding and enjoyment to an area, especially if someone only has one day.

I can’t give recommendations on tours in Alice Springs, because when I’ve been there I’ve stayed with family for a couple of weeks & used their cars - and knowledge.

I’ve found the Information Centre people very helpful for other visitors, though. https://www.discovercentralaustralia.com/

Mentioned in this post
Alice Springs
Alice Springs
Red Centre, Australia
Reply to: 1 day tour in Alice Springs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted