We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Mountain

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DG
London
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Mountain

We would be interested to go to Blue mountain. Should I go with a tour group and which one could you suggest? Is it advisable to stay the night at Blue Mountain or can the trip be done in a day. If you have any other advise, I'd be glad to have it.

Sunshine Coast, QLD
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Mountain

Hi there....we went to Sydney in September and caught the train up to the Blue Mountains from Central Station in Sydney...2 hours or so on the train. We stayed at a good value for money motel right in the centre of Katoomba ( Katoomba Town Centre Motel ) which includes full breakfast if you book on the internet. We only had an overnight stay there before returning to Sydney the following morning. I would recommend a few days there to see all the Blue Mountains has to offer - bushwalks, the Jenolan Caves etc... coz we were based in KAtoomba, we didn't have time to do these things. In Katoomba, we purchased an all day hop on/hop off trolley pass from the Trolley Shoppe at the train station, which was good...takes you to the scenic places around town. Down to the 3 Sisters and Echo Point, Scenic World etc. Lovely scenery and I would like to go back and do it in depth next time. I do not know anything about day tour companies there, as we didn't use one. Hope you have a great time. Going with a tour company, I guess they take you to all that they think is worth seeing which could be an advantage, especially if your time is limited. Enjoy...:)Kind Regards,Shari Stevens

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Mountain

I took an overnight trip from Sydney Central stopping at the Olympic stadium first then moving onto the Blue Mountains. Then we took a long hike through the 3-sister's area. It wasn't too expensive with a small tour company...about $130AUS all included. Food was included and the Hostel was more like a hotel. Brand new and very nice. The second day wasn't as good, but the caves were incredible. Best I've seen anywhere. A great tour, well worth the trip.