We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Bay cruise terminal

CANLEY Vale
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
White Bay cruise terminal

We are leaving on the Dawn Princess on the 13 July 2013' and the cruise terminal is in White Bay. We live in CANLEY Vale. 2166' what is the best way to get there by public transport?

Maitland, New South...
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

it is $20 per person each way with the P&O shuttle bus ship to airport

Maitland, New South...
5 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

just spoke to someone at P& O , she told me the only way into & out of White Bay is

their shuttle bus at $20 each per way & only to AIRPORT

&

private vehicle

OR

taxi

hope this helps

IT really don't do much for us coming in on the 1st ship

on th 15th April

2 different areas where do you leave you car

Circular Quay OR Rozelle?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

I think the best way to get to white bay would be city, or Pymount. Or if you are flying in and need to stay the night before the cruise go to the airport hotels. You get a shuttle from airport to your hotel at airport, that costs 6 dollars. Then the next day get the ships shuttle. Most Shuttles will not take you to White Bay. From my last cruise to the old place most said that they dont take you to Bangaroo whaff 5. I did find one in the end to take me there and back to the hotel at airport.

If you are coming from outside Sydney and need to stay a night, get a shuttle to a hotel at Pymount area. Then get a taxi, I would think 10 to 15 at most.

If you want to go to white bay by public transport, go to Circular Key, and get a bus, the bus takes you with in a few mins walk to the White bay where you can walk in a few minutes. Ring Sydney transport and they will tell you the bus numbers. I will post the bus number from circular quey if I can find where I wrote the bus number

Christine

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,914 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

to Deirdre O, Are you proposing to drive to Sydney and then park the car locally near new wharf 5 while on the cruise ?

The new wharf is near Balmain/Rozelle which has lots of narrow streets and limited parking. Lots of the area would be 'resident only' street parking so not sure how leaving your car for say 7 days is going to work.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

After further examination on Google Maps, it seems the closest pedestrian access from the Cruise Terminal to normal streets will be at the intersection of Buchanan and Robert St, Balmain. There are many fences/cliffs separating Balmain from White Bay however there is currently an access point near this intersection that I would expect to be retained.

The closest public transport is the 441/442 bus stop at the intersection of Mansfield and Mullens Sts - 1.3km walking distance.

Alternatively it is a 1.6km walk along Roberts St from the closest bus stop Victoria Rd - offering much more frequent services

It is a 2.5km walk from Balmain East ferry wharf.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

Princess cruises are charging around 60 per person for return.

Christine

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

Am staying for a couple of nights at the Ibis hotel at Murray Street. Would this route work in a taxi. Pymounth road and then on to the M4 Western Disribitor freeway, then on to the Cresant then on to james craig road and then the white bay cruise terminal.

Can some one who knows this route let me know if it will work out.

Christine

18. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 20:35
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

^^^^ This looks like an advertising post.

$44 is an absolute ripoff. A taxi will be about $22 from the Rocks to the Cruise Terminal.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

Does any one know if the building has been finished or even started as yet. And some pictures would be good for us who live interstate. I am from Adelaide.

When I boarded my cruise in Feb it had a bit notice up saying that they would soon have a real building with better facilities. But no mention that it would be at White Bay. (unless I missed the white bay bit).