We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Bay cruise terminal

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CANLEY Vale
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
White Bay cruise terminal

We are leaving on the Dawn Princess on the 13 July 2013' and the cruise terminal is in White Bay. We live in CANLEY Vale. 2166' what is the best way to get there by public transport?

Australia
Level Contributor
309 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

Public transport is probably very limited to white bay. I'd get a taxi from central.

CANLEY Vale
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

Thanks for info

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

It's not even built yet, so when they build it they might introduce a ferry or bus service.

At the moment, you can catch a train to Town Hall, then the 442 bus to Balmain which stops really close to the proposed wharf site

See http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=canley+vale&daddr=Ewenton+St&hl=en&ll=-33.873907,151.197195&spn=0.049812,0.104628&sll=-33.859547,151.188333&sspn=0.006228,0.013078&geocode=FSjs-v0dlTb_CClnD_otGZYSazGQrzIWaH0BBQ%3BFfFV-_0dMvMCCQ&t=h&dirflg=r&ttype=now&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&mra=ltm&z=14&start=0

CANLEY Vale
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

Thanks so much, your info very helpful

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
5,717 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

Anyone able to advise if white bay terminal is walkable with luggage from George st near central station. We have booked on the pacific jewel leaving at the end of June.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

Definitely not within walking distance.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,458 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

Lorri

This link has some info about White Bay - as others have said, public transport will be difficult - boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

Famrick - definitely not ... in one of the photos on the link you can see the harbour bridge in the background and White Bay in the foreground opposite the old Wharf 5.

I think you may be better alighting at Central and catching a taxi from there otherwise if you alight at Wynyard, a taxi may have more traffic to contend with before it gets on to one of the roads that can take it across the Anzac Bridge and to White Bay,

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

See directions in my post above - train to Town Hall then bus. If you want to take a taxi, take it from Town Hall as it is right next to the freeway entrance that takes you to White Bay.

Cairns
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

Does anyone know roughly how much a taxi costs from Sydney Airport to White's Bay? I think the cheapest option is the ship shuttle which costs $29 per person from Airport to Ship. This is a problem I am having to find a solution to. Clover Moore had no right whatever to sell Darling Harbour.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,458 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: White Bay cruise terminal

Ronald,

unless someone has actually done that trip at the time you'll be leaving the airport, traffic conditions etc, it's hard to say what the fare is likely to be ... AFAIK, that trip is not one of the usual fares we are asked about on this forum but I can see that it will be in the future unless you want to follow Aussieboy's directions by public transport above or the ship's shuttle.

If you use the taxi calculator and put in Robert Street Rozelle as your destination (which is just a rough indicator), the taxi calculator suggests around $44. How "accurate" this is, I can't say.

http://www.taxifare.com.au/

Depending on whether or not you get a taxi and if so what that costs you, you may find the ship's shuttle suits your needs better. But be warned, those who use them from the airport to the terminal usually book them for the return trip and you may find there are no seats on the return shuttle if go to book on board ... and of course the other chance you take is that if you do book the return shuttle, you don't know whether or not the ship will dock at the OPT on your return.