We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chippendale Area

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Chippendale Area

Going to Sydney for five or six nights in June, just wondering what the Chippendale area is like, looking at a hotel there. I know it's not very central but price is my main focus and there's a place here for a good price. I understand the transport system is good so location wouldn't really matter. But is that area nice/safe? Handy to get around from?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,128 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chippendale Area

Which particular hotel are you talking about?How much are you prepared tp pay per night for accommodation?

Generally that area is ok & is close to transport.

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chippendale Area

Cooper Lodge. There's going to be three people so want a private room with just the 3 of us, not a shared one. No particular price in mind, going by Sydney prices I'd say around €400/€500 which is about AUS $600 (I think?) for the 5/6 nights.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chippendale Area

that part of chippendale is fine, very handy to transport and shops but it will be very noisy.

the hotel's location is very near an intersection of two major roads.

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chippendale Area

Would Wentworth Avenue be better? Looking at Y Hyde Park

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chippendale Area

"Would Wentworth Avenue be better? Looking at Y Hyde Park

better location, yes. closer to everything including transport (bus/train)

dont know anything about the accommo tho but seems the reviews are ok.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
477 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chippendale Area

Y Hyde Park, if the price/room type is right for you, would be a much more central location for buses and trains. Have you taken a look at the Youth Hostel at the Rocks?

7. Re: Chippendale Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:16