We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good value food in Sydney

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
755 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Good value food in Sydney

It's a question that gets asked alot so I thought I post a link to this article in the Sydney Morning Herald listing some great cheaper eats in Sydney:

smh.com.au/entertainment/restaurants-and-bar…

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,863 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good value food in Sydney

Sideways Deli Cafe... in Dulwich Hill! I never made it there. Have you been there yet? And there was one listed in Marrickville too, just down the road. Must add to my list for the next visit!

I must say though, I did make it to five different places in D. H., if you count the two places for Portuguese tarts!

Our new oven has arrived, and I can now take a stab at making my own tarts. I doubt they will be as good as what we had in Sydney though.

Thanks for posting this, Joan

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good value food in Sydney

I've added the link to a Travellers Article so its kept as a reminder. With retail down and dining ependiture up - lots of new places have sprung up. Westfield Sydney has many new places and Chinatown has lots of variety.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,321 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good value food in Sydney

Cheap its is akin to my bible...unfortunately once some places appear they trade on the fact..thos ethta keep reappearing become perennial faves.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
755 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good value food in Sydney

Sideways is my local so I'm there about once a week, more often for coffee. They do great corn fritters and a fantastic homemade moussaka.

5. Re: Good value food in Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:43