We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney New Years Eve

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Sydney New Years Eve

We have arranged flights and accommodation in Sydney for New Years Eve but are looking for suggestions as to best view the fireworks either restaurant or cruise - preferably restaurant or similar - any suggestions appreciated !!

Best Seller
All Inclusive Blue Mountains...
Best Seller
Sydney BridgeClimb
1,741 Reviews
from USD 123.01*
Best Seller
All-Inclusive Blue Mountains Day Trip...
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
31,388 posts
2,136 reviews
1. Re: Sydney New Years Eve

Hi,

Have a read through this link regarding advantage points for viewing fireworks.

…nsw.gov.au/NYE/VantagePoints/map.aspx

For Restaurants

yourrestaurants.com.au/user/lists/public/…

For Cruises

newyearsevesydney.net.au/new-years-eve-cruis…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
179 reviews
2. Re: Sydney New Years Eve

Hi

You will pay big $$ for either restaurant with a view or harbour cruise. Some of the restaurants only take bookings for groups on NYE. Prices have started at $350pp & gone to over $800pp in past years. You would need to email them to find out prices for this year.

Restaurants to consider

Wildfire

Altitude

Cafe Sydney

Aria

Sydney Cove Oyster bar.

Cruises will be $300-$800pp the best ones generally are the ones that participate in the Harbour of Light Parade …nsw.gov.au/nye/…HarbourofLightParade.asp

Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
3. Re: Sydney New Years Eve

I vote for Cafe Sydney- as long as you get a good spot on the balcony!

Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Sydney New Years Eve

last nye we celebrated at the "beach house" party organized by the opera bar.

it was in front of the studio cafe and I can only highly recommend it. iirc we paid aud 499 or maybe even a bit less in an early bird for free drinks, food, live music until 3 and the best view of the bridge you can imagine.

now the fireworks were a bit underwhelming. the whole bridge was covered in too much smoke after just a few minutes so that was really disappointing. maybe they learned from this and this year it will be better.

but the event itself was fantastic, not sure if the opera bar will do it again this year.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Sydney New Years Eve

I second Opera Bar - We did not attend the beach party last year but the regular bar area the year before... I think it was $299. It is one of the best positions I think. We contacted them a few weeks ago and they said they would have something up on the website by September.. I think they have a place to subscribe for an email when they go on sale.

I am also a fan of getting among the crowds at Mrs Macquarie's point when my budget is not too flush.

I have made a page with links to lots of the restaurants with Harbour Bridge and Opera House Views and also lots of free places to watch the event.

There are also details on the different cruises available. I work with international students and get asked this about 10 times every day hence the page.

www.squidoo.com/new-years-eve-in-sydney

Lots of the 2011 cruise prices are here

sydneyexpert.com/2011/…

6. Re: Sydney New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 October 2011, 23:07
7. Re: Sydney New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 October 2011, 23:07
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,708 posts
167 reviews
8. Re: Sydney New Years Eve

Villasteph

is there anywhere to park your car around there on NYE ?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: Sydney New Years Eve

Dougo Oz,

Well, there is a car park 5min from the spot, but the streets are usually closed after 4pm down there for cars. We usually leave our cars in Woolloomooloo or Darlinghurst and walk 20min down there.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,708 posts
167 reviews
10. Re: Sydney New Years Eve

Thanks for that Villasteph