We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long from Sydney airport to Darling Harbour & back ?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
602 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How long from Sydney airport to Darling Harbour & back ?

Could anyone tell me roughly how long this journey will take ? We will be heading into the city around 6.30 pm on a Tuesday night and will then return on a Sunday morning at about 8am ? Our domestic flight is at 10.05am so I'm just trying to work out what time we will have to leave at. Also, how much will this cost in a taxi ?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long from Sydney airport to Darling Harbour & back ?

How many of there are you?

Sunday morning should be easy, 15 mins or so, but tues 6.30 pm is right in peak time, so would depend on traffic, could take 30 mins or more. Taxi would cost around $50.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
602 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How long from Sydney airport to Darling Harbour & back ?

2 adults and 2 children. Don't really fancy any other form of transport with the kids in tow after such a long flight from the uk. I will just have to try my very best to pack as light as I can so we can get our cases in the boot !

Thanks for that info, it's much apreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long from Sydney airport to Darling Harbour & back ?

It will as said depend on traffic.

For theTue 6.30 I would allow up to an hour.

For the Sunday I would allow the 30 mins plus, just in case there is a hold up.

Northallerton...
Level Contributor
54 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long from Sydney airport to Darling Harbour & back ?

We got a taxi from Darling Harbour to the airport last month and the taxi driver asked which route did we want to go. I couldn't understand much of what he said but he asked if we wanted to go the quickest way by the freeway (I think). I guess he asked because this might have included tolls? We said yes and it seemed fairly quick - only about 20 mins - and cost $37 which was cheaper than expected - I had thought $50 as mentioned above. This was 11am mid-week.

On a previous visit there a few years ago (again from DH to the airport) it took about 30/40 mins at lunchtime and seemed to take a lot longer getting out of the city, i.e. not quickly on to the freeway.

This will make more sense to the Aus contributors but thought it might help if your taxi driver asks which way you want to go.

Gary

5. Re: How long from Sydney airport to Darling Harbour & back ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 18:16