We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE Pulblic Venues

Phoenix
13 posts
Save Topic
NYE Pulblic Venues

Hi. My boyfriend and I will be in Sydney for NYE this year and are trying to figure how everything works. We are pretty low key, definitely not "foodies", so we don't think spending upwards of $300 per person for a cruise or restaraunt sounds like our scene (Unless anyone knows of a cruise that includes just a bar without dinner.)

We are leaning towards going to one of the BYO alcohol venues. I have looked at a Sydney 2010 NYE website that I found thru the NYE FAQ that is very helpful for finding all the locations, but I am wondering what kind of timeframe we need to plan for. We are quite interested in some place like Balls Head Reserve, or something similar. What time would we need to plan to get there? Also, we were interested in Goat Island, but the website said it requires a ticket, but I can't seem to find any info about where/how/when to buy those tickets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Balls Head Reserve
Balls Head Reserve
49 Reviews
North Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,229 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE Pulblic Venues

Hi

According to the National parks website, Goat Island tickets are available from late november, keep an eye on the site....

…nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkevents.aspx…

As to other sites, it really depends on which ones you mean, some areas get closed off quite early, others you can easily get to when the 9pm fireworks finish, & others you can squeeze in last minute.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE Pulblic Venues

Balls Head is a good one.... not nearly as crowded as Blues Point (the point closer to the bridge) and great views.

You gotta do a bit of bush-bashing to get down to the water though

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYE Pulblic Venues

I have a similar question...

I'm not arriving into Sydney til about 19.30 on NYE.

I'm going to avoid the centre, so looking at Bradley's Head (Ashton Park, Mosman) or Cremorne Point.

Does anyone know if I will have any trouble getting in either of these after 19.30?

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
4. Re: NYE Pulblic Venues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2010, 00:28
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
748 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYE Pulblic Venues

Dave95, they will probably close the roads in Cremorne Point in early-mid afternoon, so if you want a parking spot, you will have to get there early. Bradleys Head I don't think they close the roads but the parking will fill up quickly.

As an alternative for going to Cremorne, go very early in the morning, park your car, catch the ferry back to the city and then come back by ferry later (making sure you get there before the last ferry departs).

6. Re: NYE Pulblic Venues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 14:17