We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lacal Advice Please

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Lacal Advice Please

I am Looking for local advice. I will be staying in Surrey Hills for 7 nights and one one evening have to attend a wedding at The Teas Rooms -Gunners Point? How far is this from Surrey Hills and the best mode of transport as will be in evening wear. I would think taxi how much do you think this would be. Also we intend to do the sight seeing things around the centre, bondi and need to visit Neutral Bay as I have family there. Can you get the train to Neutral Bay or is it just ferry and would I be able to go back and forth on a red pass.

Thanks for your help

Blue Mountains Day Trip and River...
796 reviews
from USD 164.90*
All Inclusive Blue Mountains...
765 reviews
from USD 159.30*
Sydney BridgeClimb
1,187 reviews
from USD 129.80*
Blue Mountains Wildlife Day Tour from...
1,093 reviews
from USD 123.50*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lacal Advice Please

Hi again UKNips..

In addition to the info. you were given in your last thread (save repetition!)..

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g255060-i122-k32…

Taxi would be your best bet $30-40

The red ferry pass would be the one for Neutral Bay

Have fun!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,101 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lacal Advice Please

Hi UKNips,

The Gunners Barracks are at Georges Heights, not that far from Neutral Bay.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lacal Advice Please

There is also buses to Neutral Bay and depending on where you need to go this is an alternative. The trip by ferry will involve a walk uphill from the wharf. Catch a bus from Wynard Station and first/second stop after the bridge on Military Road.

note Gunners is in Georges Heights just near Mosman and not walkable from Neutral Bay

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,664 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lacal Advice Please

Hi,

Gunners is definitely NOT walkable from N/ Bay - you are best to catch a bus to Mosman Village or ferry to Mosman Wharf and then catch a taxi to Georges Heights. Buses meet the ferry at Mosman Wharf to take you up the top of Avenue Road to Mosman . There is also a taxi stand at the ferry. The bus driver will be able to assist you on directions to taxi stand or if you want to walk. A taxi from the city depending on traffic conditions will cost at least $40.00

www.sydneyferries.info/timetables.htm

Its approx 20min walk from Mosman Village to Gunners. A lovely venue with fab views of Sydney harbour.

https://www.thetearoom.com.au/

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,664 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lacal Advice Please

Okay, I think I've read the post incorrectly....

Evidently, you need to go to Neutral Bay first one day - and Gunners another day. ?

As others mentioned just catch a bus into N/Bay - it depends where your family lives as there are also ferries to Neutral Bay. If you give us the street name and detail we can advice you on the fastest and best way. N/Bay is not far from the city by bus approx 10min bus ride...plenty of buses stop at N/Bay.

No train to N/Bay - unless your family live on the border of N/ Bay and Kirribilli - then its easier to catch a train....the street name is important as N/Bay is a large suburb which is connected by bus / train or ferry.

If you are going to be in evening wear for Gunners just catch a taxi from S/Hills - it will save heaps of trouble....and you want to enjoy the evening.

Sorry, if I got your original post confused -

EM.

Edited: 17 January 2010, 18:25
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,101 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lacal Advice Please

No, definitely not walkable to Gunners from Neutral Bay, I just meant not that much further than it is from surry hills to Neutral... sort of continuing on from the advise previously given on the other thread. Sorry if that caused confusion.

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lacal Advice Please

Thanks for your advice guys, I have family in Alfred Street in N/Bay, so will be visiting these from Surrey Hills.

Thanks for the advice on the best mode of transport to the tea rooms will go with a taxi I think.

Thanks for your advice and time

S

8. Re: Lacal Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2010, 16:18